Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mia and megan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2009, 06:54 PM
    Worried about my cat
    I think my cat may be pregnant but she has had really bad diarroah off and on for the last week anybody have an idea what it could be :confused:
    aingyl Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Nov 24, 2009, 02:21 PM

First thing, the moment you notice that your cat has diarrhea, begin making sure that they are staying hydrated! Dehydration can seriously harm your cat. If you have trouble getting your cat to drink, you can give them water with a medicine dropper, and you can also try to get them to eat some canned food. Pedialyte is also beneficial. Do not give your cat milk, as this, too, can cause diarrhea.

Diarrhea is not an uncommon problem with cats. Normally, it is caused by something as simple as a dietary change or an intestinal irritation. It can, however, also be caused by parasites, bacteria, or something as bad as pancreatitis or liver disease. If your cat has diarrhea for more than a couple of days, you should definitely take her to your veterinarian to help find and eliminate the cause! If you see blood or mucus, you should call your vet right away. If you see worms, your cat may need to be taken to the vet as well.

NEVER give your cat Pepto Bismol! You can, however, give the cat about one quarter of a teaspoon of plain yogurt helped ease their tummy and balance their digestive system.

I pulled this information from
    Diarrhea in Cats: When to call the vet and things you can do at home | Suite101.com.
    Take a look at this site if you still need more info.
    mia and megan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2009, 04:00 AM

Thank you very much I will give the yogurt a try I'm in touch with the vet and am arranging an appointment for her thank you again and I will be looking at the website you said about

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I keep my pregnant cat ia a cage? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my queen is about 4 to 5 weeks pregnant and this is her 2nd litter. Can I keep her inside the cage? I used to put her in the cage when she first litter before. Is it okay if this time I keep her in the cage until she get labour?

Worried about my 3 year old cat, she is acting weird. [ 10 Answers ]

I have a female cat who is 3 and a half years old. A few days ago she pooped in the hallway which is really unlike her. Then, this morning she was crying and scratching at the carpet for about five minutes and then she took a huge poo in the middle of the carpet. She has never done this before. I...

Worried that cat has rabies [ 1 Answers ]

My cat has been acting very strange the last few days. She is afraid to go outside and has attacked two of my children yesterday and just yowled and bit me. I'm really afraid that she has rabies. I had just realized that she missed her rabies shot last year and just called to schedule it last...

Worried cat owner [ 5 Answers ]

Our cat Purr-Purr is about 9 years old. He is a normal cat through and through. Recently he has been showing signs of odd behavior. About a week or so ago he began urinating on my son's backpack. And then once without warning he defacated in the kitchen. He has been urinating more and more on the...

Traumatized cat [ 1 Answers ]

My cat got out of our house and we could not get her. We chased her for an hour around the house and could not catch her. We gave up and went inside. Later that night the door was open and we hear a loud terrifying screech. We went outside and the cat was sitting there just hissing. She ran up a...

View more questions Search