Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azwar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2009, 03:13 AM
    Can I keep my pregnant cat ia a cage?
    Hi, my queen is about 4 to 5 weeks pregnant and this is her 2nd litter. Can I keep her inside the cage? I used to put her in the cage when she first litter before. Is it okay if this time I keep her in the cage until she get labour?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 7, 2009, 04:57 AM

No, don't keep her in a cage. She needs tomove around, get exercise while pregnant. I wouldn't keep her in a cage even after she has the kittens. When she settles in with the kittens and gets sorted out she must get away from them from time to time. Why do you keep her in a cage after she births ? That is a horrible practice, azwar.

Tick
    alliesuecat Posts: 158, Reputation: 3

Nov 10, 2009, 01:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    No, dont keep her in a cage. She needs tomove around, get exercise while pregnant. I wouldnt keep her in a cage even after she has the kittens. When she settles in with the kittens and gets sorted out she must get away from them from time to time. Why do you keep her in a cage after she births ? That is a horrible practice, azwar.

tick
    I agree don't lock her in a cage let her be free just like before she was pregnant. After she has the kittens get her a cozy box or better yet a pet bed. When my cat had babies a few years ago, they had a "home" in a big cardboard box. So if you don't want to spend money on a pet bed, find a simple ordinary cardboard box and put an old blanket or towel that you are not using anymore so they will have comfort. Oh and don't forget to put newspapers in the box too and change them frequently.
    TurkeyNinja Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2012, 05:20 PM
    I think that you should keep her in a cage at night so that you know where she I when you go to bed and she doesn't have her kittens in a place where you can't find them. The same when you leave it would be safer for the kittens because female cats like to take there kittens to a high place and the kittens will like to rome and you don't want anything to happen to them. I think that its in the best interest in everyone to put her in a cage at night and when you are gone.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Feb 7, 2012, 02:15 PM
    Old thread. Closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Change in weight of bird-cage when the bird is flying inside the cage? [ 2 Answers ]

Q1. What kind of Change would be observed in the weight of bird-cage, weighed by a spring balance 1. when the bird is sitting inside the cage 2. when the bird is flying inside the cage? WHY? Q2. A 1.0 gm. Seed is sown on the earth after few years it becomes one of the biggest trees in the...

Gorilla cage [ 3 Answers ]

A zoo keeper, on his first day on the job, is cleaning out the gorilla cage when he discovers that the gorilla is dead! He immediately tell his boss and asks him what to do. His boss tells him 'The zoo will be opening in less then an hour, so you'd better go down to the fancy dress shop and get a...

Discomfort under rib cage [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I have been experiencing discomfort under my left rib cage, its hard to explain exactly what it feels like. At times it is a shap, quick pain and other times it's a dull ache or pulling sensation, kind of like a cramp. It would be in the region of the bottom of the rib cage...

Looking For children's Book 'The Fat Cat' [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to track down a children's picture book that I read as a child in the 80s. I can't remember the author, or specific title.. but it was something along the line of 'The Fat Cat' or 'The Hungry Cat'. I'm fairly sure it was published by penguin. The story followed the lines of a cat eating...

Budgie cage gone bad [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for advice on how to clean a budgie cage that hasn't been cleaned in a long long while. The budgie is still in it! It is for a friend and I haven't cleaned out a cage before so need the real basics! Thanks

View more questions Search