Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blackcats Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2009, 04:00 PM
    Traumatized cat
    My cat got out of our house and we could not get her. We chased her for an hour around the house and could not catch her. We gave up and went inside. Later that night the door was open and we hear a loud terrifying screech. We went outside and the cat was sitting there just hissing. She ran up a tree when we went to grab her and then she ran into the house. Her sister ( the other cat) was in there and went over to see the traumatized cat. The trauma cat attacked her sister and we had to pull them apart. Now we have to keep them separate because if we put them together they fight to the death. What is wrong? I don't know how to fix this? Is she going to be traumatized for the rest of her life? Please help me these cats are like my kids and it would kill me to have to put one down.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Nov 11, 2009, 04:54 AM
    If the one that got out is the aggressor with the other cat, see if it has any bite wounds or if it is damaged in any way and then let it cool off by itself for awhile. I had a former cat that used to get into fights and then was really grumpy and antisocial for a day or two, particularly if he had a bite/claw wound.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I keep my pregnant cat ia a cage? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my queen is about 4 to 5 weeks pregnant and this is her 2nd litter. Can I keep her inside the cage? I used to put her in the cage when she first litter before. Is it okay if this time I keep her in the cage until she get labour?

Worried cat owner [ 5 Answers ]

Our cat Purr-Purr is about 9 years old. He is a normal cat through and through. Recently he has been showing signs of odd behavior. About a week or so ago he began urinating on my son's backpack. And then once without warning he defacated in the kitchen. He has been urinating more and more on the...

Dog traumatized [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, well the other day we had planned a private lesson with a trainer who we were told was excellent, and I wanted to try some obedience with Rex, well the class didn't go to well Rex was scared to death of him... He even growled at him, and when he asked me if he normally growled at home, I said...

Looking For children's Book 'The Fat Cat' [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to track down a children's picture book that I read as a child in the 80s. I can't remember the author, or specific title.. but it was something along the line of 'The Fat Cat' or 'The Hungry Cat'. I'm fairly sure it was published by penguin. The story followed the lines of a cat eating...

My cat was traumatized [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a kitten we adopted from the local SPCA, his name is Charlie. He was a cute little thing full of energy and he absolutely craved attention. A night ago I had two friends stay over, they had their sleeping bags, pillows , etc. all together next to bed. My mom went into my room to get...

View more questions Search