Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 16, 2014, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryDewitt1234 View Post
    I know.. I love my parents but sometimes there bad with bad situations... and OK thanks for helping :)
    Oh I get that. I'm a parent, I have two beautiful kids. My son is only a year younger than you are.

I was molested as a child by my cousin. I never told my parents. I was raped when I was 18, by someone I knew. I never told my parents. The main reason was fear that my dad would end up in jail for killing the two bastards that did this to me.

But he wouldn't have buried his head in the sand and ignored it. He would have been angry, but not at me. He would have fought for me. I know this for a fact.

I think the main reason I didn't tell is that I didn't want them to ever look at me and think I was different. I didn't want them to look at me and only see what had happened to me. But I know they would have helped me every way they could, and not by making chicken for dinner, or leaving the house, leaving me, and letting me deal with it on my own. They definitely wouldn't have called someone else to deal with it. They would have made sure that the two people that did this, went where they belonged. In jail.

Your parents need to start being parents. Yes, it's hard to accept that one daughter was raped, and the other daughter and her husband raped her. But it is what it is. They have to be parents here. They have to do what's right, no matter how hard it is.

That's what being a parent is all about.

They better wise up, and quick. You need them right now. You don't need yummy chicken.
    MaryDewitt1234 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2014, 05:11 PM
    Thanks and I know how you feel... and I know my parents need to do that... but there's not much to do now... thats why my dad went to band practice... everything will fall into place tomorrow... and my mom is watching my nieces while my sister and bro-in-law are at the hospital... im just trying to relax... im think how do I'm just afraid this is just going to keep happeneing... I want to get married and have children someday but I don't know if my future husband would be another version of my bro-in-law and that just scares me to death...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 16, 2014, 05:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryDewitt1234 View Post
    Thanks and I know how you feel... and I know my parents need to do that... but there's not much to do now... thats why my dad went to band practice... everything will fall into place tomorrow... and my mom is watching my nieces while my sister and bro-in-law are at the hospital... im just trying to relax... im think how do I'm just afraid this is just going to keep happeneing... I want to get married and have children someday but I don't know if my future husband would be another version of my bro-in-law and that just scares me to death...
    Your brother in law is a rapist, and his mental issues are not the norm. Your sister, she's also a rapist, and hopefully her children will never be subjected to her parenting ever again.

As for there not being much to do, there is. Your parents need to support you right now. Your dad is being a chicken, burying his head in the sand. How can he go to band practice and leave you alone to deal with this while your mom makes you your yummy smiley chicken and also buries her head in the sand?

Keep happening? Hell no! It won't. Once you talk to the police about this both your BIL and your sister will be arrested for rape. You won't ever have to deal with them again. Nor will their children. You owe it to your nieces and nephews to make sure both their parents go to jail, so that not only you, but those children, are safe from them.

I was molested and raped. I found myself a wonderful man, had two beautiful children with him, and I'm living a wonderful life. There's no reason to think that the same won't happen to you. Life is what you make it.

I do suggest counseling, for your entire family, not just you. This isn't going to be easy. Going to court and testifying against your BIL and sister, isn't going to be easy. But it needs to be done. Jail is where they both belong. Don't think only of yourself, think about their children, and what they possibly have done, or will do, to them. If you're not off limits for their warped depravity, their sex games, neither are their kids.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 16, 2014, 08:21 PM
    Your dad went to band practice and you mom is making you chicken? There is really something wrong with this scenario.

Either you are trolling us or your family doesn't care about you. This is NOT how parents react to the rape of their child by anyone, much less a family member.

While I am very sympathetic to rape victims, true victims, not willing participants who scream rape later, I find so many holes in your story that I am inclined not to believe a word you are saying.

Jan 17, 2014, 02:27 PM
    Alty... turns out in not pregnant... im glad!. and I thought my dad knew about it before he went to band practice... he
    Didn't... and my mom was making supper waiting for my brother to come to the house and I just got home from the hospital
    busymomma2013 Posts: 282, Reputation: 20

Jan 17, 2014, 02:34 PM
    Mary,
    How can you be sure your not pregnant already? Is there some test they do at the hospital? Did you and your brother call the police or go to the police station? And were charges filed?

Jan 17, 2014, 02:40 PM
    I got my period yesterday... yes they did tests... yes we called the cops... and yes we filed charges
    busymomma2013 Posts: 282, Reputation: 20

Jan 17, 2014, 02:42 PM
    That is all very good news. Next step would be counseling.

Did you figure out what color for your hair?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am scared I might be pregnant. [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I am 16 years old and my parents would absolutely KILL me if they found out that I was messing around with my boyfriend. About a month ago me and my boyfriend tried having sex. It didn't work because he couldn't go in all the way and it was hurting me. So, after that, we stopped. The next day...

Is it a good idea to fall pregnant when I'm 18? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 18 and my boyfriend is so obbessed to have a baby me too I want a baby but I'm not sure do you think is a good idea? We both want a baby

I'm scared I can't get pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 17 n I have irrregular periods and I have discharge everyday? Can anyone help me I'm scared I can't get pregnant :( x

How do I get pregnant? Anyone has an idea? [ 1 Answers ]

Welll I know my question is a little miss leading... I know you have to have sex to get pregnant... but I'm sure everyone has there own idea on how to do it right... so I'm trying to seek some advice from all you experienced people...

A {{faint}} idea of being pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

HI, Yesterday I fainted and the doctor told me it happened because my blood sugar dropped. The last time I fainted I found ot that I was pregnant. I don't know if this could mean I am pregnant. I haven't came on my period yet.Not until a couple of days. Im just curios as to whether its possible...

View more questions Search