Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kreeshol Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2011, 06:54 PM
    Both of us want to keep the dog, so that may get legal and messy. She can't take it now anyway cause she rents a room. Funny timing, she just messaged me saying she took her furniture out of the house. So I asked her to leave me the keys.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2011, 07:12 PM
    Life is going to move on, there will be a new girlfriend, who will not want the "ex" coming over. And dogs are taken care of or taken to a doggie day care by millions every day when they work.

But this is a legal issue, but it is fairly basic, who used their money to buy animal, and it is owned by them, unless it was a gift to the other.

Sep 3, 2011, 07:33 PM
    So mixtape is definitely out. Heh

Yeah, I know, life goes on, it's just hard with a dog that is like a kid. After our last conversation, I see now that I might have to get legal with this. I'm trying to avoid that to save face and to avoid nuking that bridge, but she insists that it is hers. She works as a vet tech, and pays the vet bills (she refuses me pay any of them), of course, that was part of her expenses when we lived together, I paid rent, she paid bills(including the dog bills). But I did pay for the adoption, and am trying to secure paperwork to prove it. I was willing to share the dog, but now it seems I might have to preemptively get legal paperwork taken care of in the event it gets nasty, which it probably will.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2011, 08:17 PM
    Don't use the poor dog as a pawn in your game with her. If she's a vet tech, she should know of all sorts of doggy daycare possibilities. Adopt another dog from the animal shelter, if you must have a dog, and give another homeless creature a home.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2011, 08:21 PM
    Great idea!

Label it NC.
    Includes remixes of false hope.

Kidding. Screw that. Mixtapes are for friends.
    Make a few for yourself. I did.
    Still am.

Sep 3, 2011, 08:42 PM
    vanheart: :)

Wondergirl: I really am trying to avoid using the dog as a pawn. My end game with the dog is not to get my ex back. That dog is literally my best friend in the world, and has been for a while now. She's all I got, and I can't entertain the idea of losing her, at least not now. So if my ex is going to push to take her, I can't just stand by, I have to be ready to fight. I am all for the idea of a shared situation. But will not go for total loss of my only companion. Finding daycare for dogs where I live is not a problem. I can afford to take care of the dog, and can afford to hire someone to come to my house to play with her if need be. I make way more $ than my ex, and I have more free time to care for the dog as well.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2011, 08:45 PM
    A shared situation with the dog guarantees you will keep the ex in your life.

Sep 3, 2011, 08:53 PM
    That's a good point. Something I can't avoid at the moment sadly, but long term, could prove problematic, or it could be easier than it is now. I'm not sure.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2011, 09:03 PM
    You have complete control of your life.
    That's includes pets & ugh, exes.

Stop it. Tha dog? Cmon. Dogs going to be fine. You?
    Stop caring about her.

Ready to put up a fight? Let go, man, really.
    About what? You crying & her moving on?

Sep 3, 2011, 09:14 PM
    vanheart: You're right, I'm the one who needs to come to grips with what is going on and take control of my life. But if your asking me to let her take the dog and move on, that is currently out of the question. That dog is my only close friend, as sad as it sounds. That is the fight I was talking about, not fighting to get my ex back. (The dog is female, so the "her" might be confusing.) Quite frankly, I know I'm a better man than the new guy, and I am starting to come to terms with the fact that it's her loss, not mine. It's a process...
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2011, 10:47 PM
    Ok, good.
    So keep the dog.
    She's got someone else.

Don't let the dog come between you and her new boyfriend.

Keep the dog. Let go of her.
    Sorry, I should have said that earlier.

Screw her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my girlfriend of 7 years want a break? [ 36 Answers ]

Hello everybody! I hope you can assist me on my dilema! I have been with my girlfriend for seven years, we met when she was 16 and have been together since then, after high school she attended university for 4 years and gained her degree last year. She started Job hunting in January and found a...

Girlfriend of 2 years wants a break [ 13 Answers ]

Hey, My girlfriend and I have been dating for almost 2 years now and for the most part things have been great. We have gone on 2 or 3 day "breaks" a few times throughout our relationship, usually because she said she wants to be independent and make her own decisions without having to worry...

Should I break up with my girlfriend of 4+years? [ 10 Answers ]

It all started like a story book romance, everything was perfect. Then we went to college, we both gained weight, and our stress levels skyrocketed due to the college life we weren't really prepared for. I've been taking antidepressants mainly for anxiety, but also for depression and anger...

My girlfriend of four years wants to take a break [ 10 Answers ]

We met in high school when she was 15 I was 17, we moved in together after she graduated we have been having fights over stupid things a lot maybe every other day, but we always make up, she has been wanting to go out with friends more which is healthy for our time apart but on night I wanted to go...

Girlfriend says she wants a break after two years. [ 14 Answers ]

I have been with this girl for almost 2 yrs this upcoming October. We started in h.s and through our 1st yr away at college. I'm 20 and she is about to be 20 soon. We go to different schools so that was hard for us but we overcame it. We were each others first sexual partners and we really loved...

View more questions Search