Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask

View Poll Results: Is Palin Ready for VP?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 32.50%
  • No

27 67.50%
    EuRa Posts: 315, Reputation: 64

Oct 3, 2008, 08:19 PM
    Is Palin Ready For VP or President!
    Just a simple yes or no. Do you think she has enough knowledge, enough credentials, enough of everything and is ready for the position of VP or, if something happens, President?
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Oct 3, 2008, 08:40 PM

Yes, absolutely!
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 09:00 PM

Any woman who can withstand the constant demands of four children and a govenorship can handle the rigors of being president! It's not your credentials and knowledge that make you capable, it's attitude and flexibility.
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Oct 4, 2008, 02:54 AM

No, she is completely untested
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2008, 03:01 AM
    Yes she can easily fulfill the functions of the Vice President.

Regarding the possibility of stepping in as President ;Unless you think that a President McCain will die on Jan 21 then there would be sufficient time for "on the job training " ;a luxury that an inexperienced President Obama would not have.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2008, 03:28 AM
    She has the credentials required for the VP nomination. She is the best conservative out there for the job.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2008, 09:16 AM

Vp, yes

Pres, no.

BUT. As with any President, he can do little on his/her own. I think that if she became Pres. She would be wise and surround herself with good people.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 4, 2008, 09:28 AM

Yep, she is a political person, you don't become Gov of a state without playing "hard ball" at least on your state level. She is being played as the mom with kids, taking them to sports and so on, for the camera and votes, she is the Gov of a state, if this was a man and a Gov, no one would even think twice.

In fact one could ask the same issue on Obama who has perhaps far less political background over all. Where has he been governor?

Oct 4, 2008, 01:34 PM

I'm actually quite surprised with the results on this forum. The 2 other forums I asked on, 85% said no. I wonder what the difference is.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Oct 4, 2008, 02:29 PM

Did you take the poll before or after the debate?

Oct 6, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1 View Post
    Did you take the poll before or after the debate?
    After.

And thank you to whoever added the poll.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 6, 2008, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EuRa View Post
    And thank you to whoever added the poll.
    You are very welcome. ;)
    Jbreezy305 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 01:59 PM

You people must be out of your minds. What is this country coming to when its people go out of their way to elect brasin idiots to lead it.
    Someone wrote "credntials dont count"? What planet are you from? Are you blind? Did'nt you behod the last eight years? And now you want to elect another idiot. Idiot! Wow you you don't have to be smart to lead millions of people, just have a nice personality? Idiot!!

Oct 13, 2008, 02:02 PM

Do I think she is ready? Nope I think she's just along for the ride.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Oct 13, 2008, 02:56 PM

A better question would be "Is Obama ready to be president?"
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Oct 13, 2008, 03:02 PM

I hate it when people get so unbelievably angry over politics. Please remember that no matter who you vote for this November, that at least we have the freedom to vote. And the freedom to have an opinion and speak it without suffering severe consequences. It is unfair to get angry with someone who wants to vote for McCain or Obama. That is their opinion and they have their reasons. Just as you have your reasons. We need to respect that. Talking politics often gets heated, due to someone wanting to change someone else's mind just because they don't agree with them.
    cassiecase Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Oct 13, 2008, 10:37 PM
    Nah, she doesn't even know what are the names of newspapers so how in the world can she be VP?

Oct 13, 2008, 10:46 PM

Look at Palin now. What's done in the dark will come to light. I critise because people can't go about life making un educated decisions. Palin is undoubtebly unprepared for the task. She barely has control over her own home. And ignorant people are ready to hand over the key to one of the most important offices in the country. And I should hush because others don't use there stinkin noodles (brains). Never If its wrong I must address it. And might I ad you look lovely!
    purplewings Posts: 145, Reputation: 24

Oct 20, 2008, 04:33 AM

Certainly she's as qualified as any other, unless a former president or vice president decides to run again - how would any candidate be aptly qualified for a position they've never held? It's a learn as you go situation.
    CrissyDi Posts: 250, Reputation: 5

Oct 29, 2008, 02:23 PM

She has very little experience for us to gather a solid conclusion from... which is what some are saying about Obama... yet she has even less and very limited experience. McCain has a lot of experience, but we must also question how effective his experience has been. Everyone is in question now. When electing Bush, very few questioned his abilities. He had experience and look what we got. No matter what, we're taking a chance with whomever we elect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sarah Palin are Alaska for Vice President! [ 235 Answers ]

BWAH HA HA HA John McCain has truly lost his mind!

Did McCain VP Palin Know? [ 4 Answers ]

I find it hard to believe that McCain VP Palin didn't know about her daughters pregnacny till after she was nominated as VP. Do you think she knew? Is the father being force to get married. Tell me what you think

Bristol Palin Pregnant Right Now [ 13 Answers ]

Bristol Palin pregnant -- right now - First Read - msnbc.com

He is OBVIOUSLY NOT ready to be President! [ 65 Answers ]

Yes, I am talking about Barak Obama. Given his responses to the situation in Georgia has only strengthened my belief that he is NOT the right man to lead our Nation. First, he urges "both sides to use restraint". Right, a small Democratic Nation gets INVADED by the Russian Army, and he...

View more questions Search