Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 03:20 PM
    Bristol Palin Pregnant Right Now
    Bristol Palin pregnant -- right now - First Read - msnbc.com

The 17-year-old daughter of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is pregnant, Palin said Monday in an announcement intended to knock down rumors by liberal bloggers that Palin faked her own pregnancy to cover up for her child.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Did her and her daughter wander off for a little under a year to hide this? I don't think so. Plus, Obama has already said to leave it alone... kids should be left out of the race. I certainly agree.
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    Did her and her daughter wander off for a little under a year to hide this?
    No that rumour is about Trig.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Just out of interest what is Palin's church's view on birth control? (I agree that kids should be left out of the political scene.)
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 04:36 PM
    NK, from someone who's protested nearly every negative thread about Obama, you sure seem to have a lot of fun with pathetic smears against the other side.

Why is this even a story? Teenager gets pregnant in spite of parents wishes - since when is that news? Oh that's right, it's news because the Palins have responded in the EXACT way her supporters think she should have responded, by encouraging the birth of this child into a family with a mother and a father. Apparently the Palins don't think having a child is punishment. It just makes her more attractive to those of us who value the life of an innocent child.
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 04:42 PM
    I'm happy for her daughter and their shotgun wedding. I hope she wears her flag lapel pin and doesn't have a weird foreign middle name or you guys will be all over her!

BTW how is the fact that someone's pregnant become a 'pathetic smear'? I guess you view it in a negative way.

Also, the fact that you find a 17 year old more attractive because she's pregnant is more than a little disturbing.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Sep 1, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    I'm happy for her daughter and their shotgun wedding. I hope she wears her flag lapel pin and doesn't have a weird foreign middle name or you guys will be all over her!

BTW how is the fact that someone's pregnant become a 'pathetic smear'? I guess you view it in a negative way.

Also, the fact that you find a 17 year old more attractive because she's pregnant is more than a little disturbing.
    Oh, brother!!
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma

NK, I realize you think people like me are just plain stupid but we aren't the idiots you've fooled yourself into believing we are. There is only one reason for you to post this because that's how it's been portrayed all day by the drive-by media - for shock value. Unfortunately for you guys there's no shock here, it's just another pathetic display of hatred and intolerance by the 'morally superior tolerant' left.

What is more disturbing is that you can't discern that I'm more attracted to "the Palins" for their courageous, morally superior decision to support their daughter - even though I specifically said "the Palins" twice. Kudos for a really lame effort at painting me as a pervert, though. Next time, read what I said before attacking :D
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2008, 02:41 AM
    There is a good reason why Obama does not want to go there.

The left would be celebrating the girl if she chose to have an abortion instead. My only question is if this information was revealled to McCain during the vetting of Palin. I suspect it was ,and was discounted as irrelevant .
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2008, 02:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    There is a good reason why Obama does not want to go there.
    He doesn`t and I`ll respect his wishes. Obama is a class act.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2008, 03:54 AM
    And I supposed he will openly condemn the Daily Kooks for their vile slanders over the weekend (that Palin was actually the grandmother of her baby boy);and drop all associations he has with them ?
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2008, 04:56 AM
    I doubt if he'll 'fire' the Kossacks, he has to pay homage to them regardless.

Let's get this one out of the way, too. The 'first dude' was arrested for drunk driving... over 20 years ago and Palin now has lawyers to defend her in the ethics investigation. So we have "teenager gets pregnant," "young man makes mistake" and "Governor accused of looking out for her family gets lawyer." Is that all the news flashes now?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 2, 2008, 05:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    Why is this even a story? Teenager gets pregnant in spite of parents wishes - since when is that news?
    It's a story because it brings into question the ability of Palin to manage her family and how problems in her family may have an affect on her being the VP. I'm not saying I agree with that, just that it's a perfectly valid reason for this to become a news story.

I must say that it's a credit to McCain that he was aware of this and that it didn't impact his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    it's just another pathetic display of hatred and intolerance by the 'morally superior tolerant' left.
    I really find this comment amusing since its been the right that has taken the morally superior attitude of promoting family values etc. Or is having premarital sex a family value?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 2, 2008, 05:31 AM
    Since the OP has requested this thread be closed before it becomes nastier, I will close it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Sarah Palin are Alaska for Vice President! [ 235 Answers ]

BWAH HA HA HA John McCain has truly lost his mind!

Could I be pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I am very concerned. I spotted when I was last supposed to have my period. My breasts are unbelievably sore, they can not even be touched. I have been having on and off headaches, lower back pains, and I feel like I forget the simplest things. Also, I have been having little pinching...

View more questions Search