Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shortman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Msconfig Item Definitions
    Where do I find the abbreviation definitions and their meanings listed in msconfig?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 14, 2007, 05:59 AM
    Google them. The list is endless since any program can set itself to run at start up.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 14, 2007, 06:03 AM
    You can also do a Search for the filename on your system. This will tell you what folder they are in whch may give a clue as to what they are. Also, if you find the file, right click and check its properties.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chemistry Definitions [ 1 Answers ]

What is a percipitate, total ionic equation, and water treatment?

Deleting things from msconfig startup [ 5 Answers ]

I have a compaq computer, running windows xp, and using internet explorer. I've gone to msconfig and unchecked several programs so they won't load at start up. Some of them have loaded up again so what I want to know is it OK to delete the programs from msconfig that have no check mark in the box...

Regedit, msconfig [ 4 Answers ]

Hi , My problem is that my registery and msconfig files has been deleted by my anti virus as it was infected . So I am not able to enter it from run command . So is there any way to go to regedit n msconfig . If so it will be helpful for mw n everyone :confused:

Commands in the Startup menu in the MSCONFIG command [ 4 Answers ]

Would anyone please explain to me what these commands do, plus if it's possible, what consequence is going to happen if I cancel anyone of them from the startup menu. By the way, I have a toshiba laptop with XP home edition. Startup Item-------- Command NDSTray ------ ...

Msconfig and regedit Win XP pro [ 1 Answers ]

When I open msconfig or regedit, the applications run for a few seconds then automatically close (in the admin account). They run OK if I boot into safe mode. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

View more questions Search