Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevin2006 Posts: 78, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Scared about not loving someone
    Hi, I've been struggling with my mind for a couple weeks now. I feel like my relationship with my girlfriend is falling apart. I feel like I don't know the real meaning of love and I'm always having negative thoughts. I feel like I'm scared that I don't love her. Does this make sense to anyone? If it does can someone please clarify it with me. Thanks

May 10, 2007, 08:28 PM
    And is it normal to be scared of getting feelings for another girl other than my girlfriend?
    sypher373 Posts: 360, Reputation: 38

May 10, 2007, 09:41 PM
    Do you actually have feelings of not loving her and feeling for other women, or re you just afraid that you may have these feelings somday?

If you are having the feelings now, I would suggest that you talk with her about it. It may be tough to do, but it is better for her than leading her on if you are unsure of the relationship. It is better to hurt a little now, than hurt a lot more later.

If you are only afraid of having these feelings, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Don't let something that hasn't happened ruin your relationship. There is no need for you to worry that these things may happen in the future - unless you can feel them happening now.

It seems to me that you wouldn't be scared of having feelings for someone else unless it has already happened. I can't think of a good reason to be afraid of having feelings for someone else out of the blue...

Maybe a little more information would help people help you better...

May 11, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Hey... I don't necessarily have feelings for a specific girl. But I noticed I look at other girls a lot sexually... I don't have feelings for another girl. I still care about my girlfriend. I was just unsure if I loved her not because I feel like I don't know what exactly love is. I've been talking to my girlfriend a lot these past few days trying to fix problems up. But I don't want to tell her I've been checking other girls. I don't talk to these girls, I just look at them. I'm not doing anything wrong but I'm scared that I'm losing feelings for my girlfirned. I'm the type that always second thinks stuff and worry.. if you can try to explain some of my feelings I would really appreciate it. I look at other girls and I'm scared I'm losing feelings for her because I really want to love her with all my heart, but I feel like something is preventing that from happening. Maybe my thoughts or I'm getting too defensive

May 14, 2007, 05:12 PM
    Are these thoughts normal?
    persainpapaya Posts: 58, Reputation: 21

May 14, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Kevin, how old are you, if you don't mind me asking? I think that would help aid me in responding to you.

May 15, 2007, 12:14 PM
    I'm 21

May 16, 2007, 03:24 PM
    Can someone help with my thoughts?
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2007, 03:42 PM
    I think it's kind-of normal for guys to check out other girls.

Kae

May 16, 2007, 04:14 PM
    What about if I'm scared I don't love my girlfriend? Do people get that thought?
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2007, 04:21 PM
    If you're scared that you don't love your girlfriend, then maybe you don't.

But a man can love a woman and still look at other women and see them as beautiful.
    It doesn't mean they don't truly love and care for the woman they're with.

Some men actually take "looking" to another level and cheat - that would be considered not loving the woman they're with (in my book that is).

Kae

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In love with one,but loving another. [ 6 Answers ]

I married one woman, but I'm still in love with another

Confused Loving my husband [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know where to start. In Feb of this year my husband started staying out, he was drinking a lot at the time, he said he was making money?? This was going off and on he even told me one time that he "used to love me", he said I was a loud mouth female etc. All during the time that he was...

Can't stop loving my ex [ 124 Answers ]

Someone please help! I divorced my husband 10 years ago because he made me choose between my marriage and our unborn child. I choose our child and had a beautiful baby girl alone. Since then my ex has kept me on the back burner with promises that one day we will be together. Last weekend I...

Loving someone for their money? [ 45 Answers ]

OK.. when I love someone, I know that I love them for them. I'd say that I'm a nice guy, with good moral values, etc, etc. However recently I have noticed that I react differently to girls with money (with really rich parents). Like... its hard to explain it but I just want to love those type of...

In Loving Memory. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am posting this in Other Family & People, instead of Pets & Animals, because our 12 yrs old mixed breed housedog, terrior-poodle, Molly, was our "home" family. Our daughter, son-in-law, and grandson live about 4 hours drive away. I am hoping this well help me, and I know my wife has been...

View more questions Search