Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cheryl54 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 08:03 PM
    Security Deposit
    I have given the two months notice, before we moved in Apartment not cleaned and the Land Lord is aware, also the maintenance manager came in and saw it and signed a paper that nothing was cleaned . He told as that when we moved out we did not have to clean, he would have it cleaned on his account, also I sent a certified letter to give notice and tell them I would not be cleaning the apt. I am still worried that they will keep all my security, even thought they new the apt was not cleaned or painted , nothing done, me and my family cleaned it, they will keep my deposit for cleaning or what ever. What can I do

Penn Resident
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2007, 08:13 PM
    Sue them if they do? There is little you can do except talk to them and ask them, remind them of the agreement and say who talked to you and what was said, Do they have a history of cheating people, have they lied to you before.
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 8, 2007, 10:45 PM
    If you don't get your deposit back contact the Better Business Bureau for your state on line and make a complaint there first. They will then contact the apartment manager and serve as neutral middle person to try and resolve the deposit problem. If you still can't get him to cooperate then take him to small claims court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Security Deposit [ 4 Answers ]

Hi My name is Cierra and I am writing on behalf of my boyfriend Moncel Anyway, He moved out of his old apartment in January then moved into another... Since he was working at this job since October 06 they have been receiving his social security checks, paying his rent with that money... SO that...

Security deposit [ 1 Answers ]

I'm A Tenant A Will. The Day I Move Out, When Does The Landlord Have To Give Me My Secutirt Deposit Back. This Is In Massachusetts Help

I need a security deposit [ 2 Answers ]

I Need Help With Getting The Move In Money For My House That I Am About To Move Into In Another 2 Months

Help my security deposit! [ 3 Answers ]

Moved out June 24 (pennsylvania). Move out date was June30 (was doing my landlord a favor so she can re-do bathroom.) Called her July 17 and she says she is not giving any of my security deposit ($1000) because the 60days prior to my moveout, the apt was "filthy" (I procrastinate...

View more questions Search