helpmeout86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 02:14 PM
    I need a security deposit
    I Need Help With Getting The Move In Money For My House
    That I Am About To Move Into In Another 2 Months
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2007, 02:17 PM
    I'm a landlord and frequently refer people to Catholic Social Services and Lutheran Social Services... both of whom have funds for this sort of thing. You should check to see if there is either in your area.
    landlord advocate Posts: 283, Reputation: 36

Feb 7, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Check your local telephone book under Social Services. There are several agencies that can be of help. Call the city in which the property is located. They will know of local organizations who may be able to help with the security deposit and first month's rent. Contact the local churches. Try contacting several of the apartment complexes in the same rent category. Ask if they know of organizations that have worked with them in the past.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Security deposit [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, My old landlord has not returned my deposit, we moved out on oct. 7th last month and on the 8th he came so we can insp. And gave back the keys. We were never late on our rent and keep the house as it was when we moved in. All but the decks he told us we could paint them if we liked and...

Need money for security deposit [ 9 Answers ]

I need 200.00 dollars buy the 25th of October to pay my landlord so I can move in. I am currently living with some one. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. Thank you:(

Help my security deposit! [ 3 Answers ]

Moved out June 24 (pennsylvania). Move out date was June30 (was doing my landlord a favor so she can re-do bathroom.) Called her July 17 and she says she is not giving any of my security deposit ($1000) because the 60days prior to my moveout, the apt was "filthy" (I procrastinate...

Nonrefundable security deposit (PA) [ 10 Answers ]

Is it legal to have a nonrefundable security deposit in pa? I am trying to find a way out of my lease, but I am not sure the best way to do it. They say I have to give 3 months notice and pay 4 months rent as a fee. That would equal about $2000. They might have called it something besides a...

Security deposit increase? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been renting for approximately 2 years and was informed last month that a $300 increase in my security deposit is required with my next month's rent. Is this legal? The propoerty was sold about six months ago and I'm on a month-to-month lease which the only option given. I know they can...

View more questions Search