Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RWAGGNER Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Sick cat
    I have a 9 year old neutered male who has stopped eating and drinking suddenly. No cough noted. He appears healthy and alert though he has been sleeping a lot. He is a housecat and never goes outside. When petting him, he purrs. Yesterday he started taking a few sips of water. He likes Whiskas tiny bits and likes Whiskas dry cat food. I have put only a small amount in his dish so I can monitor his eating. He takes a little of the gravy from his pouch food and maybe a bite of the food. He doesn't appear in any distress.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2007, 05:30 PM
    RW, it is hard to diagnose a situation without being able to examine your cat. Since you didn't say how long this has been going on, I don't know if it is anything to be concerned about. He may just be "off" his food and is looking for a little variety. For now, just keep a close eye on him and leave his food out as you normally would. If he is using his litter box as usual and you don't notice anything different, that is good. If his appetite doesn't pick up, call your vet Monday morning and bring him in for an examination as soon as possible. If he appears to be getting visibly ill tomorrow, call the vet and see if they have someone on call. A lot of vets do have someone who will cover emergencies on the weekend.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2007, 05:53 PM
    The best advice if your concerned. Bring your pet to the vet. That is the only way they will be able to diagnose anything.

LIKE RUBY HAS SAID YOU WERE NOT SPECIFIC ON HOW LONG THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR.

Joe
    tigertracker Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RWAGGNER
    I have a 9 year old neutered male who has stopped eating and drinking suddenly. No cough noted. He appears healthy and alert though he has been sleeping alot. He is a housecat and never goes outside. When petting him, he purrs. Yesterday he started taking a few sips of water. He likes Whiskas tiny bits and likes Whiskas dry cat food. I have put only a small amount in his dish so I can monitor his eating. He takes a little of the gravy from his pouch food and maybe a bite of the food. He doesn't appear in any distress.
    May have a urinary infection, check to see if cat is going to the bathroom. If not see vet ASAP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sick Cat She Is 21 Years [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My Name Is Dianna I Have A Cat Her Name Is Kitty I Have Had Her For 21 Years It Seems After Christmas She Started Going Down Hill She Has Like Black Stuff Coming Out Het Her Nose Or Mouth She Stop Eating Today I Don't Know If I Need To Take Her In Somewhere She Is Suffering To Me And Iam On A...

My cat is very sick [ 3 Answers ]

My cat abbie is usually playful but has been just lying around. She's been vomiting since Thursday when she tries to eat or drink and now my kids say there is a foul odor to it. She is one of my kids to me and we love her so much. Please help.

My cat is sick [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everyone if you know any good sites to learn about cat diseases please let me know it is VERY ergent. Please and thank you. ♥ sarah

Ok I know but my cat is sick [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a cat form of parvo. If you are not familiar with parvo it is a dog disease, that makes it hard for dogs to move and their neck gets stuck sideways. Please help my cat recently had kittens and I:confused: :confused: don't want it to spread. If you know any diseases please tell me what...

Sick Cat [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... Please would anybody be able to give me some advice about my cat. She has just turned 1 and has been really poorly for the last 16 hours she can't eat anything without it coming back up and is not herself. She has drank plenty of water just thought I'd ask for some advice before I take her...

View more questions Search