Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HASNA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Immigration rules
    I know of a person that is livivg in the uk with a passport with false information on it.so basically he's an illegal immigrant.hes been livibg here for about 20years and has been married to a british citizen but is going through a divource.will he be able to saty in the uk?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2007, 12:54 PM
    What do you mean false information on it? Are you sure it's really a fake passport? If he's living and working in the UK he must have a social insurance number (or the equivalent there).

Why are you so sure he's not a legal citizen is basically what I'm getting at.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2007, 01:03 PM
    Well apart from the above, you need to explain, does he have a foreign passport with a UK visa or a UK passport that you believe has errors in it. If he has a UK passport he must be a citizen so no he won't be deported.

If he has a foreign passport and was granted permanent residence due to the marriage but is not yet a citizen then most likely no also. A permanent resident is just waiting until enough time passes that they can apply to become a citizen, he may have to file papers because of the divorce to request that his status remain the same or re-apply as an immigrant worker etc but they won't immediately throw him out because of a divorce if the laws are similar to those in Canada.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration law (greencard) [ 9 Answers ]

Is there anyway how a person who enterd the usa illegally could get a green card by working paper from an employer, I know that there is a penalty of leaving the country ten years but Ill like to know if there is any law that could waive that penalty, plese advise.

Immigration at airport pocket money [ 1 Answers ]

I have a girl friend in Ghana, does she need pocket money in order to leave for the UK. AS immigration in accra told her she needs between £150 to £300 is this correct. Regards Stephen

Immigration divorce [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can anyone give me any advice. I am british. I met my husband three years ago. We got married 2005 and I had a baby.Shortly after marriying my husband I got a solictor to arrange tha I would be his sponsor to remain in this country. My husband is a overstayer. He has three chrildren injamacia...

Immigration [ 2 Answers ]

I Have A Turkish Friend Who Came To England 4 Years Ago She Was Married In Turkey Then Her Husband Brought Her To England Her Husband Is An English Citizen And Whilst In England She Has Had 2 Sons She Only Has His Family Here And They Have Told Her That She Has No Rights In This Country Can U...

View more questions Search