Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vijaypal0802 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 11:00 PM
    Friendship with woman
    Hi,
    I am 42 yr married man and having a caring wife and two lovely children.I am happy with my married life. I have a woman friend of mine. She is also married age 37yrs.we are in same profession. We like each other and care for each other.we are not in any kind of physical relationship nor we want to indulge in any kind of physical relationship/sex. We are both happily married. She is my family friend also and my wife also likes her. But the problem is that my wife wants that I should tell her every time when I meet my friend and moreover she want to know the contents of our talks. My wife feels that she couldn't fulfill the space of a friend for me that's why I have gone for a friend other than her. I feel it very normal to have friendship with that woman. We are at a very good mental level and have very good feelings for each other. We both enjoy a very reputed social status. Her husband has no problems with our friendship. But for my wife why atoll I need a woman friend in life. Are things normal with me or what should I do?
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2007, 07:26 AM
    If your wife has an issue with your friendship with another woman - then you need to take it seriously. Of course, you know your intentions and it sounds innocent. But, sometimes women have an intuition of sorts. They can read other women. It could be a look that didn't set well with her or the way the friend laughed at one of your jokes.

By continuing in a relationship that isn't comfortable for your wife - you are sending a message that the friendship means more to you than she and her feelings do.
    There may be no merit to what she is feeling - it could just be an insecurity - but the more the friendship is pushed - the bigger the insecurity will get.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 16, 2007, 09:13 AM
    Your solution is simple, since your wife is insecure and everything is innocent then you should have no problem with being forthcoming and straight up and honest to her questions. This is an issue for her and the way you handle it, putting her needs first, is important.

Apr 16, 2007, 10:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NowWhat
    If your wife has an issue with your friendship with another woman - then you need to take it seriously. Of course, you know your intentions and it sounds innocent. But, sometimes women have an intuition of sorts. They can read other women. It could be a look that didn't set well with her or the way the friend laughed at one of your jokes.

By continuing in a relationship that isn't comfortable for your wife - you are sending a message that the friendship means more to you than she and her feelings do.
    There may be no merit to what she is feeling - it could just be an insecurity - but the more the friendship is pushed - the bigger the insecurity will get.
    Its OK but should I breakup with my friend for my wife

Apr 16, 2007, 10:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Your solution is simple, since your wife is insecure and everything is innocent then you should have no problem with being forthcoming and straight up and honest to her questions. This is an issue for her and the way you handle it, putting her needs first, is important.
    But every time when my wife asks silly questions for my friend I am hurt.should I breakup with my friend for my wife
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 04:10 AM
    No, handle your business in a mature honest way. After a while don't you think your wife will come to be more at ease?? Why do these questions hurt you? Is there something your not telling?
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Okay, what exactly is there to break off with this woman?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What do I do about a competing friendship? [ 3 Answers ]

My friends and I get along well it seems, but we are in a constant silent competition. Someone always has to be better at anything we do. We don't play sports or anything, mainly just online games. It's getting to the point where we feel worthless if we aren't the best or among the best. It also...

Friendship questions [ 8 Answers ]

Hi before I start I will say that I don't know what catogery to put this in because it is a mixture so I put it in here as we are both teens - I am 14 he is 19. Please can a mod/admin whatever move it if its in wrong area. Basically one of the people at school I get on quite well with - it...

Misunderstanding in friendship [ 2 Answers ]

One of my very good friend is misunderstanding my friendship to be love. How do I convey what is true, so that I don't hurt him and don't lose out on our friendship either?

Friendship Cake [ 6 Answers ]

I have recipe for Friendship Cake but I don't have any starter anymore, Does anyone know how to make it? This is a great cake to give on the holidays. I sure would be thankful! Carol:D

View more questions Search