Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Relationships (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Friendship with woman (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=83038)

• Apr 15, 2007, 11:00 PM
    vijaypal0802
    Friendship with woman
    Hi,
    I am 42 yr married man and having a caring wife and two lovely children.I am happy with my married life. I have a woman friend of mine. She is also married age 37yrs.we are in same profession. We like each other and care for each other.we are not in any kind of physical relationship nor we want to indulge in any kind of physical relationship/sex. We are both happily married. She is my family friend also and my wife also likes her. But the problem is that my wife wants that I should tell her every time when I meet my friend and moreover she want to know the contents of our talks. My wife feels that she couldn't fulfill the space of a friend for me that's why I have gone for a friend other than her. I feel it very normal to have friendship with that woman. We are at a very good mental level and have very good feelings for each other. We both enjoy a very reputed social status. Her husband has no problems with our friendship. But for my wife why atoll I need a woman friend in life. Are things normal with me or what should I do?
  • Apr 16, 2007, 07:26 AM
    NowWhat
    If your wife has an issue with your friendship with another woman - then you need to take it seriously. Of course, you know your intentions and it sounds innocent. But, sometimes women have an intuition of sorts. They can read other women. It could be a look that didn't set well with her or the way the friend laughed at one of your jokes.

By continuing in a relationship that isn't comfortable for your wife - you are sending a message that the friendship means more to you than she and her feelings do.
    There may be no merit to what she is feeling - it could just be an insecurity - but the more the friendship is pushed - the bigger the insecurity will get.
  • Apr 16, 2007, 09:13 AM
    talaniman
    Your solution is simple, since your wife is insecure and everything is innocent then you should have no problem with being forthcoming and straight up and honest to her questions. This is an issue for her and the way you handle it, putting her needs first, is important.
  • Apr 16, 2007, 10:26 PM
    vijaypal0802
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NowWhat
    If your wife has an issue with your friendship with another woman - then you need to take it seriously. Of course, you know your intentions and it sounds innocent. But, sometimes women have an intuition of sorts. They can read other women. It could be a look that didn't set well with her or the way the friend laughed at one of your jokes.

By continuing in a relationship that isn't comfortable for your wife - you are sending a message that the friendship means more to you than she and her feelings do.
    There may be no merit to what she is feeling - it could just be an insecurity - but the more the friendship is pushed - the bigger the insecurity will get.

Its OK but should I breakup with my friend for my wife
  • Apr 16, 2007, 10:28 PM
    vijaypal0802
    Quote:

Originally Posted by talaniman
    Your solution is simple, since your wife is insecure and everything is innocent then you should have no problem with being forthcoming and straight up and honest to her questions. This is an issue for her and the way you handle it, putting her needs first, is important.

But every time when my wife asks silly questions for my friend I am hurt.should I breakup with my friend for my wife
  • Apr 17, 2007, 04:10 AM
    talaniman
    No, handle your business in a mature honest way. After a while don't you think your wife will come to be more at ease?? Why do these questions hurt you? Is there something your not telling?
  • Apr 17, 2007, 06:57 AM
    NowWhat
    Okay, what exactly is there to break off with this woman?