Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jellybeans1 Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Sep 12, 2015, 05:47 AM
    What is wrong with my kidneys/bladder/vagina?
    So I have had a bladder infection and kidney infection (in my right kidney) since the last week of August. I got put on Macrobid 100mg for 5 days (ending September 4th). It felt like the infection was cured until I woke up September 8th and had the same sensations and pain, but far worse and an added pain in my left kidney. When I went to the washroom I noticed I was peeing out blood. It progressed through the day and I began to also pee out small blood clots, and yes it was from my urethra and not my vagina opening. I then went to the medical clinic and got tested again. I was prescribed with Act-Ciprofloxacin 500mg for 7 days (prescribed on the 8th) but the doctor never looked at the resluts of my urine sample. The next day the bleeding had stopped, but I was in extreme pain and overly exhausted, feeling like I may pass out. I felt extremely weak and could hardly move. My left arm and the left side of my chest felt weaker than the rest of my body but with a slight pain. I went into emergency that night as it progressed and they said there was no sign of infection in my urine, not one white? blood cell. They then gave me a chest x-ray and the doctor came to the conclusion that the medication had cured it in one day and that stress and depression are the factors of why I am still having all of these issues. I am not satisfied with that answer as my right kidney is still in a lot of pain and it still burns for hours after I pee. Everyone is saying I have no color to my skin and that I look like I am dying. My eyes have been half open for days since I don't have energy to open them fully and I still feel like I may faint. I am terrified that I may have some sort of superbug, such as CRE (I work in the hospital and my grandpa also.had it). Or that I may have an STD of some sort, but I was tested 3 months ago and have only been with one partner since. I don't know when the last time he was tested though. I am also wondering if maybe it was a faulty urine test and that I may still have the infection. I am going to try and get into my doctors office on Monday if he is back in town since he will look into EVERYTHING for me, but for now I need opinions. The only thing that I have changed is going onto a higher dose of antidepressants (Trazodone 150mgs) and the way I use my Nuvaring. I now leave it in for 28 days and then put a new one in as soon as I take the old one out. My doctor recommended that I should try this and all other doctors I have seen say that it would not contribute to these issues. And I am very depressed and stressed, the most I have been in about 6 years. Oh and I am in my early 20s if it helps at all.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 12, 2015, 06:08 AM
    Jellybean, you don't say much about your medical history. Are you a diabetic, or do you have any condition that may compromise your immune system ?

While reading your diagnoses, the first thing that came to my mind was MRSA and if you work in a hospital environment you may know that this is a contagious antibiotic resistant staph bacteria that anyone can acquire.

We can't diagnose here, not possible on the Internet, about all we can do is give you clues, sorry.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 12, 2015, 07:32 AM
    Did they ultrasound your kidneys? Have you ever had kidney stones?
    jellybeans1 Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Sep 15, 2015, 12:45 AM
    Thanks for answering. I had to go back into emergency and found out it was still an infection and both of my kidneys. They test they took previously showed false results. Now they are running me through IV therapy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's wrong with my vagina [ 2 Answers ]

Hi the inner lips of my vagina are large and hang out of my vulva they are red and have little bumps on them. My vagina gets really itchy and/or painful at times. I have never had sex so I don't know what has happened. Please help

What's wrong with my vagina? [ 3 Answers ]

I thinks there is something wrong with my vagina it feels like its bubbling & when I wipe dirt is in the tissue & clumps of discharge

What's wrong with my vagina? [ 3 Answers ]

Why does my vagina itch, have smelly discharge, produce cyst and have small lumps around my clitoris? Have had Anti-biotics for bacterial vaginosis, which came back negative but was treated for it anyway. Have been checked for STD's and has come back as negative. Negative to yeast infections. Have...

What could be wrong I take many visits to the bathroom and my bladder cannot hold pee [ 1 Answers ]

I go more that 5 times to the bathroom fro pee breaks and I can't hold my pee, I've even wet myself a few times... this has been going on for 4 weeks now

.what is wrong with my vagina? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay first of all I am a 15 year old virgin, just to let you all know. Last month I started taking birth control peels because I was having pain and issues with my ovaries. Lately my vagina has been burning and today I realized that at the oppening it is shrivling up. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MEEE!? Is...

View more questions Search