Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rocketman3411 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2014, 04:59 PM
    Drank on Tuesday ETG FRIDAY...
    I don't drink more than a maximum of 1 to 2 times per week & from 5:30pm until 11:30 on Tuesday I drank 3 beers & 2 mixed drinks. I then had a random ETG on Friday morning at 9:30. So about 58hrs in between. I called AMMON ANALYTICAL & acted like I was a business owner who wanted to start testing employees on a monthly basis & they informed me that with an ETG Test that it takes usually 5hrs per 1 alcoholic beverage for the alcohol to be absent. If this is true I guess 12 drinks should be gone in 60 hours. Do you think that I passed my ETG Test today?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 21, 2014, 05:50 PM
    The test could go either way. At 58 hours there's a definite chance of failure.

You state that you drink a few times a week. Why are you being tested? What do you stand to lose if you fail?

Nov 22, 2014, 10:42 AM
    I am on a lengthy probation for an DUI. I don't use any drugs & drink occasionally, NO more than 1-2 times per week. An sometimes I just don't drink. I stand to lose whatever the judge decides, either jail or longer probation or maybe just more alcohol classes & community service. I did drink a few cups of coffee during the day on Wednesday & Thursday prior to my test Friday. I also drank a quite a bit a of water each night. You say there is a definite chance for failure, but the test could go either way?
    9 months ago I used to drink a lot & now I don't drink more than 1-2 times per week, so do you think that helps my chances?
    Pets Expert

Nov 22, 2014, 12:47 PM
    How often you drink doesn't affect the test. You can fail having just one drink when you haven't had one in years.

The fact that you're drinking one or two times a week, when you're on probation, is a concern. You may get lucky and pass this time, but if you continue drinking you'll eventually get caught.

Drinking coffee will not help, drinking more water than normal will fail you for dilution. The only way to guarantee a pass is to refrain from drinking.

Nov 22, 2014, 01:32 PM
    Alty, I appreciate your honesty. You are correct I should definitely just quit cold turkey. It's the only way to be certain that I am clean.

So You say there is a definite chance for failure, but the test could go either way?

What do you think about the information I received from AMMON ANALYTICAL. They informed me that with an ETG Test that it takes usually 5hrs per 1 alcoholic beverage for the alcohol to be absent. They also claimed that chronic drinkers have a greater chance of failing than individuals who drink less.
    Pets Expert

Nov 23, 2014, 06:30 PM
    Yes, the test could go either way, you're right on the cusp.

The key word in the info you found is "usually". It's like the condom company saying, "wearing a condom usually prevents pregnancy and STD's". Little comfort to the thousands of condom users that become pregnant or contract an STD every year.

With ETG testing the odds are even less known than condom use. The reason is that ETG testing varies from person to person. Some people will pass an ETG less than a day after having gone on their 7th drinking binge of the week. Another person will have one glass of wine, their first in years, and fail a test done 5 days later.

In other words, no one can tell you if you passed or failed, only the results will give you that info. Based on stats, you're right on the cusp based on the average. The cutoff that most experts agree on is 60-80 hours. At 58 hours you'll be lucky if you pass. So there is a chance that you'll get a pass, one "get out of jail free" card. And hopefully if you do, you won't risk it again.

Dec 13, 2014, 03:05 PM
    Ok, this is for all you out there who may care if I passed my UA in the state of Texas. I was charged with a DUI in April & sentenced to 2 years probation. I am given random UA's that consist of the normal panel testing for drugs, as well as the ETG/ETS.
    I went to a bar that serves 20ounce beers & had two & the bartender gave me a free half. Then I had two White Russians, which truly are almost triples. So honestly you can call that 50ounces of beer(4-12ounces) & 5-6 shots inside two White Russians. This ends up being about 9-10drinks that were consumed from 5:30pm until 11:30 on Tuesday... I then had a random ETG on Friday morning at 9:30.

I passed. I like to call it lucky, but I will tell you that I am 5'10'' 210lbs (not skinny) my metabolism is slow.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 13, 2014, 03:49 PM
    Yes you were lucky this time, but luck runs out, as evidenced by the circumstances that got you in this situation. I hope you stop counting on being lucky, and prepare for your next test properly, with abstinence as no doubt you probably barely passed.

At least you won't be stressing yourself over test results with your fingers crossed.
    Pets Expert

Dec 13, 2014, 06:38 PM
    You got lucky, really lucky. You should get a lottery ticket, that's how lucky you are. If you keep doing what you've been doing, your luck will run out. That's not a guess, that's fact.

I was nice in the beginning, but it seems like you don't give a sh*t about the reason you were prohibited from drinking to begin with. You're a time bomb. You've shown that you can't drink and be responsible, you're on probation because of your drinking, you've been ordered to stop, but you still drink excessively.

So what's it going to take before you realize that it's not all about you, it's about the damage you can cause to others as well?

You were lucky. I hope that everyone that's near you when you continue drinking and getting away with it, is as lucky as you were. Doubt they will be, but who cares, right? It's all about you and your desire to continue drinking. So go ahead. Hopefully it doesn't take you killing someone to make you wake up and realize why you shouldn't be drinking. Hopefully you'll get the help you need before it's too late.

Good luck, to you and everyone that comes in contact with you.

Dec 15, 2014, 02:45 PM
    Drinking & driving is not safe... its selfish & irresponsible. I was never bragging, about passing, just informing others that the test is a little unreliable/unpredictable. I got a DUI for my tail light being out. I didn't have a high BAC & I was only sentenced to a longer probation because I had a dismissed Marijuana charge from 9years ago. Alty responds like she is very knowledgeable about ETG/ETS testing & I don't know where this knowledge comes from. I should not drink while I am on probation. I do not drink excessively though. 1-2 times per week max, like on Sundays while watching football. I have knowledge about something's, but obviously not everything. This is why I used Ask Me Help.
    Pets Expert

Dec 15, 2014, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman3411 View Post
    Drinking & driving is not safe... its selfish & irresponsible. I was never bragging, about passing, just informing others that the test is a little unreliable/unpredictable. I got a DUI for my tail light being out. I didn't have a high BAC & I was only sentenced to a longer probation because I had a dismissed Marijuana charge from 9years ago. Alty responds like she is very knowledgeable about ETG/ETS testing & I don't know where this knowledge comes from. I should not drink while I am on probation. I do not drink excessively though. 1-2 times per week max, like on Sundays while watching football. I have knowledge about something's, but obviously not everything. This is why I used Ask Me Help.
    Read your post. Read it as if it's someone else writing it.

You didn't get a DUI because your tail light was out. You got pulled over because your tail light was out, you got the DUI because you were drinking and driving.

I am knowledgeable about ETG tests, it's from years of research. No one can accurately predict who will pass and who will fail and what time frame they have to do so. A lot depends on how much the person drank, their age, their weight, their metabolism, etc. etc. etc. You got lucky.

You say "I should not drink while on probation", then in the same sentence you admit that you do drink 1-2 times a week, even though a condition of your probation is that you don't drink at all.

You're making excuses for yourself. Sadly, until you realize this, and then stop it, there's nothing anyone can say or do to make you see what's blatantly obvious to everyone that reads this.

Good luck, you'll need it.

When and if you're ready to talk about getting help, I'll be here, no judgement, just help. But until then you need to hear the truth of the consequences of your actions. Obviously no one in your day to day life is gutsy enough to tell you the truth. I won't sugar coat it. If that's what you wanted, you should have gone to your friends and family with this question.

P.S. your disagree citing that my post is inaccurate because I'm a pet expert, and therefore don't know anything about ETG testing, is inaccurate. I am the pet expert on this site, because that's the forum I spend the most time advising on. That doesn't mean that I only have expertise on animals. Most people are extremely diverse and have knowledge or expertise in many areas. Just because it's not listed under my title, doesn't mean I have no knowledge in that area. I am actually knowledgeable in many areas, just like most people are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I drank on Friday night and have a EtG test on Tuesday afternoon will I pass [ 3 Answers ]

Going to call-ins for probation and I drank a fair amount on Friday night into early sat morn saw PO Tuesday afternoon at 5 and took DOC 8 panel test EtG is on it will I pass?

Will I pass an ETG on Friday? Had a 12 pack over the course of the day Tuesday [ 12 Answers ]

I am a 25 year old female, 108lbs, and drank a 12 pack of 3.2% beer yesterday. I was drinking from about 1pm-10pm. My last drink was about 10pm. I have my monthly appointment with my P.O. and may have an ETG test on Friday around 2pm. I really don't know because she's only tested me once. But if...

Drank Thursday and Friday until 1:00AM Friday night will I pass EtG on Monday at 4:00 [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't drank in weeks. I drank Thursday evening until Friday night at 1:00AM Taking a EtG urine test Monday at 4:00. Will I pass?

Drank Friday night - EtG test on Tuesday [ 0 Answers ]

Im 5'7", 160 pounds, and female. Last night I drank about a half fifth of captain morgan. I have an ETG on Tuesday. What are my odds of passing it?

Can I pass an EtG test on Monday if I drank on Tuesday [ 5 Answers ]

I drank about 7-8 shots on Tuesday,at about 4-30 pm. I have to take an EtG test on the following Monday at 5,(which is today), do you think I will pass the test?

View more questions Search