Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sanford1985 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2013, 05:47 PM
    If I drank on Friday night and have a EtG test on Tuesday afternoon will I pass
    Going to call-ins for probation and I drank a fair amount on Friday night into early sat morn saw PO Tuesday afternoon at 5 and took DOC 8 panel test EtG is on it will I pass?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 3, 2013, 05:53 PM
    We can only guess. Based on that time line, you might pass. That's really all we can tell you. You'll have to wait and see.

If this is part of your probation why are you drinking?
    sanford1985 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2013, 06:02 PM
    Stupid reason but I did the math and its been 87 hours since my last drink is should pass rite haven't had a drop to drink since the time I sweated a ton on sat and pretty active sun and mon and worked all day tues until the test it was a surprise to me believe me
    KD3 Posts: 14, Reputation: 5

Sep 6, 2013, 11:04 AM
    It depends but based on what you described I personally think you have a 50/50 chance of failing.

It's not a precise science, so why try to game the system and take a chance with failing? If alcohol consumption is that important to you, you probably have a problem with it.

The urine EtG (Ethyl Glucuronide) test is sometimes called the "80-hour" test since that is the approximate time-frame it is most valid. But each individual situation varies based on the individual person. What did you drink? (% of alcohol per drink) How much did you drink? And then the wild card -- how fast will your body metabolize that alcohol -- since it can vary widely. If you take a person who has been drinking daily and then has a heavy 'bender', his body may take longer to process that alcohol than someone who was abstinent for weeks prior to drinking the same amount. The heavy drinker has already compromised his liver's ability to detoxify the body. Metabolism also varies based on age, gender and many other factors. Yes, exercise and activity does speed the metabolism somewhat -- but how much? Do you really know? Do you feel lucky today? Is it worth the consequences of failing the test? In some tests, the EtG has been found to detect alcohol up to 120 hours (5 days) after consumption. On the other hand, if a person only had a small incidental consumption of alcohol (1 or 2 3.2% alcohol beers), the EtG MIGHT not detect it at even 48 to 72 hours. But it just depends. Why would you want to risk it unless you have a problem stopping? Doesn't that take the enjoyment out of it afterward if you worry for days or weeks if you will be tested or if you passed a test?

If you are like I was, and drank alcohol despite facing consequences from a monitoring authority that prohibited you from consuming alcohol, that is a RED FLAG that you have a problem with alcohol that you need to address. After I failed such a test, I sought additional treatment and counseling to get my recovery program back on track. I urge you to take an honest look at this and take some action regardless of the outcome of the test. This could have been your "warning shot across the bow". The next time, the next consequence, could be very very different.

Best wishes in your test and your sobriety.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I drank alcohol on Friday now I need to pass a EtG test? [ 17 Answers ]

I drank 400 ml of 100 proof whiskey on Friday evening before 9 pm now I need to take a EtG test today or tomorrow morning. Will I be clean?

I drank on Friday will I pass an EtG test on Monday [ 14 Answers ]

On Friday I had about 10 drinks no more but possibly less over the weekend I didn't exercise or drink huge amounts of water but and had a glass of cranberry juice before I went to bed my test was at 4:30 on Monday and I drink a little over a half gallon of water starting at about 3:00 ending at...

Drank Friday night - EtG test on Tuesday [ 0 Answers ]

Im 5'7", 160 pounds, and female. Last night I drank about a half fifth of captain morgan. I have an ETG on Tuesday. What are my odds of passing it?

Can I pass an EtG test on Monday if I drank on Tuesday [ 5 Answers ]

I drank about 7-8 shots on Tuesday,at about 4-30 pm. I have to take an EtG test on the following Monday at 5,(which is today), do you think I will pass the test?

View more questions Search