Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    romao3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2014, 08:17 AM
    Heart broken
    My girlfriend has just broke up with me and it's been horrible, about it not replying to my messages as did it through text messaging. We have been together for 5 months, and she is 5 years older than me. I am 28. That been no issue. I have read some threads today from 2009 ish and they have kind of put my mind at rest. I know it takes along time to get over a true love. I've stopped texting her today after reading previous threads on here.

We went on holiday last week. Had a couple of arguments and I could tell on way back it was not looking good. I tried holding hands she never pushed me away but there was nothing. We were talking in airport but something was different because of the drunken night before of argument. Now she says there are to many dramas but before the holiday we were perfect buzzed of each other.

I have never felt this way before her I went into this relationship open as can be and became a loads happier person. Now for the last 4 days I can't sleep eating or get her out my mind, she changed status on fb so I deleted her which was a bad error because she took that as me being immature I was just angry with her. Then she deleted me of everything. I don't know what to do. I can't keep trying because she is acting like a total different person towards me and it looks bad me kind of blowing her phone up with long messages. She needs to come mine and pick summat up but after reading threads earlier I don't think it's a good idea me seeing her till I can get over her.

MY friends have said get out there and bed hop but I can't bring myself to do that while I am in love with this woman. And another thing is I started bonding with her young son in last month and he messages me to play on xbox live with him if am not working and I do it but it makes it harder.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2014, 08:41 AM
    Time to pull up your big boy pants... you've only been together for 5 months... that hardly qualifies as much of a relationship. And no its NOT true love... what you fealt is only lust... you barely knew each other. Love takes years to grow.

SHe broke up with you... what part of breaking up do you not understand... why would she want to answer your texts anyway.

Honestly... you are acting more like a 16 year old than a 28 year old. Have a friend take what's hers to her... and your friends are right... get with the program, you are NOT a couple any more... so put yourself out there and move on with your life.

I bet a large part of this is this neediness and clinginess that put her off... its not an attractive trait among females... and its REALLY unattractive if it's a guy like that. I know women... and that would have most of them throwing their arms in the air running away screaming.

THey want maturity, Confidence... to variying degrees, masculinity. You aren't by chance in London right now as is she... and you aren't both from Romania? Are you?"

No means no... she broke up... so stop trying to force yourself into some place you aren't wanted by her... before she ends up calling the police. Which WILL happen at some point if it doesn't stop. You really don't want that to happen.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 7, 2014, 09:13 AM
    You need time away to let the dust settle and get yourself under control and approach this in a cool, calm, and collected way. Deal with your own shock, and emotional distress before you do anything else.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 7, 2014, 09:28 AM
    Leave her alone, distance yourself from her son. In time you will get past this. No contact at all from now on.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2014, 10:28 AM
    When a relationship is new, people work through the drama if there is drama. As the relationship moves past the honeymoon stage, either party can start weighing what is the most important to them. You and your drama or being free of your drama. As far as I am concerned I would go drama-free every time. Life with drama sucks. Relationships without drama are so much more fulfilling.

Yes relationships ending can suck but we have all survived them. If you remain active, hang out with friends, get some exercise, then you will start moving your life forward. Needy, clingy, and obsessive behaviors are not attractive. So consider that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heart broken and can't seem to get over this [ 1 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship with a 32 year old woman for almost three years. She is still married to her ex husband. She has a 4 years old daughter and is a bartender. She only sees her daughter about 30 hours a week. We met about my two weeks after her split with her husband. We dated and had a...

Why am I so heart broken? [ 4 Answers ]

So finished with partner of 6 1/2 years. He finished it saying he needed a break it could take a week a month or year to realise that it was me he wanted. He wouldn't let me contact him saying that I was pushing him away the more I texted him or rang him. I went through a rough time and started...

How do I help my broken heart? [ 12 Answers ]

When I found myself heartbroken for the first time, I screwed myself over my getting drunk, partying and bringing a different guy home every night. Even after a year, I still can't forgive myself for it. It was a bad break up. I loved him for three years and although I deny it now and have...

My heart is broken ! [ 11 Answers ]

I used to be in a relationship for 7 years, I thought he was the love of my life, however he cheated on me many times, (and I'm not unattractive, in fact I'm quite good looking, hard working, and fun) but I thought he cheated on me because of my looks. Lucky for me, he cheated on me again in...

Broken heart [ 13 Answers ]

how do i get over my ex boyfriend that i loved him with all my heart he meant the world to me n i wanted him back so i asked him out n he always told me he loved me that he will think about it then 2 days after that he went behind my back n got with my bestfriend n she knew how much he meant to me...

View more questions Search