Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sheepdog14 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2013, 02:57 PM
    Can I replace a fat 15 amp breaker with a skinny 15 amp breaker
    I have a Siemens I-T-E panel and need to make room for a double 30 amp circuit breaker for my generator. Unfortunately, I'm out of space in the panel box to add the extra breaker. I have a lot of "fat" 15 amp breakers and I was wondering if I could replace four "fat' breakers with four "skinny" breakers in order to make room for the double 30 amp breaker. Is that okay? Here is a picture

Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2013, 03:55 PM
    Yes you can as long as the replacement breaker is compatible with the original breaker. In your case use a siemans or ITE breaker.

Jun 18, 2013, 04:33 PM
    Great! Thanks for the quick answer

Jun 18, 2013, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Yes you can as long as the replacement breaker is compatible with the original breaker. In your case use a siemans or ITE breaker.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I replace a 30 amp breaker with a 20 amp breaker? Must I replace the wiring? [ 15 Answers ]

I have purchased a GE built-in oven to replace the 60 year old oven that was installed when the house was built. The original oven uses a 30 amp breaker. The salesperson told me I must change the breaker to a 20 amp to accommodate the new oven, but he's unsure whether the wiring must be changed as...

220v spa question: With a 50amp breaker box outside, what amp breaker is okay inside? [ 1 Answers ]

Currently, I have a 50amp GFCI breaker on the side of my house, getting juice from a 60amp breaker inside the house at the main breaker box. Is this okay or not? I have #8 wire I was going to run between the two... Here is from the electrical section of the manual: "If you have purchased a...

Need to replace 30 amp with a 40 amp breaker on a subpanel [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing a new tankless water heater that calls for a 40 amp breaker. I have a 30 amp breaker available on the sub-panel that I can use, but want to replace it with 40 amp. Granted the wiring coming out of the sub-panel to the heater is up to specifications, is it as simple as unplugging...

Can I tapinto the line side of a100 amp main breaker to feed a 60 amp breaker service [ 1 Answers ]

Can I tap into the line side of a 100 amp main breaker to feed a 60 amp breaker for a electric stove

Can I replace a 15-amp breaker w/a 20-amp? [ 4 Answers ]

Newb question - My home is less than 2 years old. I'm not sure which gauge wire it is wired with (14 or 12). I have 3 upstairs rooms all on one 15-amp breaker. Both of my kids rooms and our workout room. My wife has a tanning bed (120v, 15a) in the workout room. Sometimes, the breaker...

View more questions Search