Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    d4nnyb0y02 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2012, 02:41 PM
    220v spa question: With a 50amp breaker box outside, what amp breaker is okay inside?
    Currently, I have a 50amp GFCI breaker on the side of my house, getting juice from a 60amp breaker inside the house at the main breaker box. Is this okay or not? I have #8 wire I was going to run between the two...

Here is from the electrical section of the manual: "If you have purchased a PHS-Series Spa, your new spa comes with a 12 foot GFCI Cord. Even though your new spa only requires 15 amps to operate, it requires a 20 amp dedicated receptacle. This system can be converted to a 220v service at any time."

This spa was converted to 220v during the time it was operated by the previous owner.

The indicated AMPS on the control box under the spa, for the heater... says 32 amps. I'm not sure what the pump is exactly.

Thanks
    d4nnyb0y02 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2012, 12:48 PM
    Yes. I did it and it works fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a 220V 20A breaker that fits into a single slot in my breaker box? [ 1 Answers ]

My breaker box is full and I need to install a 220v 20a breaker. Is there one available that would fit into a single slot in my breaker box? I could pull out the dishwasher breaker and use that spot if there is.

We are adding a breaker box in a barn the wire we ran from the pole breaker box [ 1 Answers ]

The wire is 2 ft short and the box will be too low... can I splice another piece to it? And how do I do it

Looking for a 50 amp breaker compatible with a milbank meter breaker box. [ 1 Answers ]

Want to add a 3 or 4 wire 200 amp run from street meter breaker box (Milbank) to a electric stove.

In a spa installation does the GFI breaker go in the disconnect box or main panel? [ 2 Answers ]

In a spa installation does the GFI breaker go in the disconnect box or main panel?

View more questions Search