Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Muffin22 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2013, 08:26 PM
    How Do I Proceed? Help?
    I am female and have a guy friend we have known each other awhile and talking recently and intimately. Then I emailed him and told him I rather not talk that way, that we should slow it down. (I did this because I really like him and feel he likes me but want his respect) He emails back day later says we can be anything you want to be. Then I didn't message him for few days and got several messages from him. Then we talked in general and then now then past day or so not talked any we just sent off lines. Anyway how should I proceed from here and be sure to get his respect?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2013, 07:26 AM
    I would move slowly and get to know him while he gets to know you. I like that you want his respect and agree intimacy will come in time. Sounds like you are doing the right thing.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 08:08 PM
    Sounds like he really isn't all that interested now if I understand what you're trying to say.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 08:46 PM
    You have the right idea, go slow, and just see what happens.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 21, 2013, 09:00 PM
    All this texting is alien to me. Emailing is better, but you say 'messages' so I don't know how much is getting through. How do two people get any idea of each other that way?
    We don't know if he thinks you are being cold and aloof and don't like him, or if he likes fast girls and has had it, or he found someone else, or who knows what.
    I would invite him for a coffee or lunch or walk. In person!
    And say 'Sorry I was so busy - hope it didn't ruin what we had.'
    WisperWill70 Posts: 277, Reputation: 84

Feb 22, 2013, 10:11 AM
    The way to get any person's respect is to respect YOUR true feelings and boundaries. Be open, be real and honest and go slow -- if he really cares about you he will as well. Because he said "We can be whatever you want to be" it shows he already DOES respect you
    :)
    WisperWill70 Posts: 277, Reputation: 84

Feb 22, 2013, 10:12 AM
    I agree with the above -- "messages" (text or email) lose a lot in translation - you might be trying to get him to respect you meanwhile he thinks you're not interested/feeling aloof or hurt, etc. it's best to also incorporate some real communication as well! Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to proceed. [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, just tore up a leaking second floor toilet (house was built in 1958). Everything rusted and floor damage noted. I understand that I have to replace area of rot. The existing toilet plumbing is some sort of material that is shapable, grey/tan in color and was obviously leaking terribly. The...

What is going on and how to proceed. [ 3 Answers ]

First let me apologize because this will be a little long. I am putting this to text to keep from contacting her. I will begin with how it began. I asked her out in Feb. of this year and we almost instantly became attached at the hip. We both have children, she had a divorce and I am a...

How do I proceed? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in GA and I was arrested for taking 1800 dollars in cash,gift cards. No I didn't do it. What should be my next step.

How do I proceed [ 1 Answers ]

So there's this girl. I work with her. Recently we have been talking through the office email and off line during breaks. We really seem to get along and I think I'm beginning to really like her. The problem is I am not sure how she feels about me. She is married but her husband works out of...

View more questions Search