Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hdrae23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2013, 09:37 PM
    Very low pressure in kitchen sink... sprayer works great.
    Hi,
    We have a 2-handle kitchen faucet that has lost pressure. The sprayer works great though. Water pressure is normal everywhere else in the house so I know it's just this faucet. I've checked the aerator and it's clean... also, we've noticed a high pitched noise sometimes with the hot water (both temps work at this time). Based on research, we were thinking the diverter? But how would we find out?
    Thanks!
    scott53715 Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Feb 8, 2013, 09:47 PM
    Sounds like you have some debris in the faucet that is restricting the water flow. Try removing the valves (or cartridges) rinse them out and reinstall them.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 8, 2013, 09:49 PM
    Actually the diverter closes the flow to the spout when the spray is used, so I would not suspect the diverter. If both hot and cold flow from the spout is reduced with the aerator removed, I suggest removing the spout and run a small wire through it to remove any possible debris. If hot only is reduced, turn off hot stop valve, remove stem to hot valve, place a cup over it and open the stop valve briefly to flush hot valve.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 9, 2013, 03:02 PM
    The way I see it, water is getting through the cartridges just fine, other wise you wouldn't get good pressure at the sprayer. Also, if you have removed the aerator, and still no good flow from spout, I agree, hd, that you have a diverter issue. Sounds like the diverter may be stuck mostly in the spray position. Try pushing the spray nob quickly on and off over and over again with the water on to try dislodging the diverter. This has worked for me several times, but certainly not always. Other than that, you will most likely need to remove the diverter, and clean or replace it. How you will do this all depends on the brand and style fuacet you have. Either way, the diverter should be located under the spout in the fuacet body.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen sink pressure very low - sprayer OK [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... Let me start by saying that I've cleaned the screen in the agitator... Ok that's out of the way ☺. The water pressure coming out of the faucet is very low, but the spray nozzle is working fine except that the faucet still has water coming out when you use the sprayer. Ironically, there is...

Kitchen sprayer only works with low water flow [ 5 Answers ]

Is there any reason you can think of that would cause my kitchen sink sprayer to work only when I'm using low water pressure? If I turn the faucet above about midway, the sprayer only drips water. If I reduce it, it sprays fine. Thank you for any guidance you might be able to provide!

Initial low water pressure with new kitchen sink sprayer [ 3 Answers ]

I recently removed a brita water filter from the kitchen faucet. After doing that I found the water pressure from the sprayer very low. I found that could be due to the krud that the brita filter was blocking getting into the sprayer. So I bought a new sprayer like the first one, i.e. a cheap,...

Kitchen sink faucet trickles, while Sprayer works [ 7 Answers ]

I used my sink's sprayer and now my kitchen sink water no longer flows. The water trickle as if no pressure. Before I call someone to fix it, I wanted to know if this is something that I can do myself? Or should I have it replaced?

Sprayer works in kitchen sink but fauset doesn't [ 3 Answers ]

My sprayer in sink works fine but only a small stream comes out of faucet, sometime water comes out of faucet fast when sprayer is on, I'm confused, any advice would be thankfull before I start taking all this stuff apart, thank you

View more questions Search