Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melinny77 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 06:43 PM
    Kitchen sink pressure very low - sprayer OK
    Hi...
    Let me start by saying that I've cleaned the screen in the agitator... Ok that's out of the way ☺.
    The water pressure coming out of the faucet is very low, but the spray nozzle is working fine except that the faucet still has water coming out when you use the sprayer. Ironically, there is no change in faucet pressure when the sprayer is being used vs. not used. However, if I remove the sprayer head, the pressure gets better at the hose of the sprayer, and the water is completely diverted away from
    The faucet.

The pressure in the rest of the house Is fine, and I have even tried flushing the hot water tank as previously suggested on another thread.

Any suggestions?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 19, 2012, 04:34 PM
    Hi Melinny

I'd suggest taking the faucet apart and cleaning all internal parts. While the faucet is disassembled, put a towel over the body of the valve and pulse the hot and cold water on to clear the lines of any additional sediment/debris.

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen Kitchen Sprayer low pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 9 yr old Moen Kitchen Facuet (Model #7400), the sprayer has very low pressure. I called Moen and got a new spreayer and a new Diverter. I opened removed the old sprayer head and very small amount of water coming through the sprayer tube. I installed the new Diverter and found no change in...

Initial low water pressure with new kitchen sink sprayer [ 3 Answers ]

I recently removed a brita water filter from the kitchen faucet. After doing that I found the water pressure from the sprayer very low. I found that could be due to the krud that the brita filter was blocking getting into the sprayer. So I bought a new sprayer like the first one, i.e. a cheap,...

Loss of pressure for kitchen sink sprayer [ 17 Answers ]

My kitchen sink spray was working all right, plenty of pressure until I had a new faucet installed. The faucet has pressure (as before the change) but when I use the sprayer it goes down to almost a trickle. Before the change the faucet and sprayer had good pressure, now, only the sprayer has...

Low water pressure in sink sprayer [ 1 Answers ]

Water comes out of my single lever kitchen faucet, but when I press the sprayer handle only a small, weak spray comes out... from other readings I believe I have a diverter problem... I have a kohler k-10412 faucet... I need help to clean out the diverter

View more questions Search