Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hidden786 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2013, 05:20 AM
    Arguing with boyfriend
    I have been together with my boyfriend for 6 years but we argue sooo much, I hate it its tearing us both apart and has come to the stage where we say things to really hurt each other, when he has a blow now I just bite my tung and sit quietly and will cry to myself at home, and if I try to talk everything just blows out if proportion, I love him to bits but he will do things that he knows will really get to me, why can't he stop it and why can't I let things go? He says things will be good if we got married but in my head I think if its like this now it's going to get worse any advice anyone I'm literally desperate to save my relationship
    snwbunny Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2013, 05:41 AM
    My advice.. get too the root of the problem bkuz there is one. Sit down and talk, not argue and see what's bothering u both. Maybe make a romantic dinner, set the mood and talk it out. 6Years is worth hanging onto especially the generation we live in now
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2013, 06:09 AM
    Is drinking involved? Has he talked about other relationships (other girlfriends, friends, family members) where he has lost his temper?

Screaming is not communicating and I would never put up with it. But that is me and I never raise my voice. What would happen if you start a ZERO policy on screaming and just end the conversation by walking away, hanging up the phone, whatever to teach him that you aren't going to tolerate this anymore.

Life should be more fun than that with no drama.
    samcreed Posts: 132, Reputation: 18
    -

Jan 16, 2013, 06:48 AM
    You already have 2 good answers, so I will add mine, and hope it helps. There is a problem, which you already know. DON'T marry this man... you will regret it to no end. Can you imagine putting up with this for a long time? It's much, much easier to get married than to get a divorce! Either find a way to talk about this with him, without either of you raising your voice, or leave. I was divorced after a few years of marriage, then remarried for a lot of years. Arguing is OK, to a point. When it gets to this point, both of you would be much better off looking for someone else. Good luck.
    Hidden786 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2013, 11:31 AM
    Thank you for your replies, he doesn't drink and we get on really fine the main cause to the argue is marriage, he really wants to get married I want to marry him too its I have a lot of family issue at home and being an Asian girl there has to be a time and place, yes after 6 years it is about time but like I said he just gets angry and that hurts me, I try and explain sometimes via text because face to face I get too emotional and I Neva can speak what I want to. When he gets angry and says stuff that hurts me then I think twice, when I calm down I'm head over heals about him again, I know my love for him is still the same if anything more but I get angry when he gets angry at me, and he is not the kind of guy that shows a lot of effection, is that normal? I don't want to tell him little things like that and I shouldn't have to ask, things like that annoy me, then if I tell him I feel like I had to beg for that and feel stoooid

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I talk to my boyfriend about our tragic sex life without arguing? [ 6 Answers ]

At first we had a great sex life, but it only lasted about 3 months. Life happened & there were many stressful things that kept our sex life close to non-existent. At one point we went 4 months without sex. All the drama seemed to right itself after 18 mod but our sexlife has not returned. ...

Arguing. [ 2 Answers ]

First of all. I am male and my best friend is also... We argue all the time. It is like we care so much about what the person thinks that every little thing that we see differently we end up getting in a fight about. Im the sensitive one and he can be pretty cold sometimes. I love him a lot, but...

Always arguing [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 2 1/2 years and I, had a baby 7 months ago, and ever since he was born all we do is argue and fight. He's over protective and nothing I do for our son is right according to him. We can agree are hardly anything or go anywhere without something going wrong and we haven't had sex in...

Arguing too much [ 5 Answers ]

What do you do when u argue more then having a good time with each other?

Too Much Arguing [ 1 Answers ]

OK well I have been datin this dude for a year an 6 mnths. And lately we've been arguin a lot! We argue about the stupidest things. And sometimes it gets kind of physical... he doesn't hit me but I get mad and ill throw sumn at him and he'll yell! We get into like bad sometimes... he'll be cussin...

View more questions Search