Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frugallife Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2009, 12:20 AM
    Arguing.
    First of all. I am male and my best friend is also... We argue all the time. It is like we care so much about what the person thinks that every little thing that we see differently we end up getting in a fight about. Im the sensitive one and he can be pretty cold sometimes. I love him a lot, but all this arguing then apoligizing is ruining our relationship/friendship. What are something's I can do to stop all this stupidity? Also, how do I know if he cares as much as I do?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 22, 2009, 12:30 AM
    How old are you, and how long have you been together? Do you live together?
    taoplr Posts: 415, Reputation: 144

Apr 22, 2009, 12:42 AM

If you want to "stop the stupidity," you need to be able to think differently about things without fighting about them. Instead, develop and demonstrate your own ability to understand the things you differ about, his position as well as yours, and to have room for both to exist.

Even very close friends disagree, and healthy friendships allow for it.

Let him have his positions without you attacking him for it. When he attacks you for something you think differently about, just derail any argument. Refuse to fight, and invite him to communicate in a way that you both get understood.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My fianc? And I are always arguing [ 6 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have been arguing every since Jan 3rd of this year about dumb stuff, from August to December of last year, we were fine, he proposed on Thanksgiving Day, I don't know what the problem is. Like tonight we argued over the fact that I asked him a question why was he using a steel...

Always arguing [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 2 1/2 years and I, had a baby 7 months ago, and ever since he was born all we do is argue and fight. He's over protective and nothing I do for our son is right according to him. We can agree are hardly anything or go anywhere without something going wrong and we haven't had sex in...

Arguing too much [ 5 Answers ]

What do you do when u argue more then having a good time with each other?

Too Much Arguing [ 1 Answers ]

OK well I have been datin this dude for a year an 6 mnths. And lately we've been arguin a lot! We argue about the stupidest things. And sometimes it gets kind of physical... he doesn't hit me but I get mad and ill throw sumn at him and he'll yell! We get into like bad sometimes... he'll be cussin...

Me and my partner keep arguing [ 7 Answers ]

Im 6 1/2 weeks pregnant and recently me and my boyfriend haven't stopped arguing and it is really getting to me. It can be over anything no matter how big or small. It could be about him supporting me his work anything. I just want us to stop I want my boyfriend back. I can't keep arguing it is...

View more questions Search