Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davis8587 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Pooping in Crate
    I have a two year old Boston terrier who still pees and poops in her crate. I am ready to go out of my mind with the smell and the inconvenience of cleaning it everyday. She goes outside before she goes to sleep and doesn't eat after 5:30pm. Not only does she go in her crate but then she eats it. It is very disturbing!! What can I do?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2007, 07:28 PM
    The eating, I may have a solution. To us adding something to the food to make it less attractive seems funny. Try pineapple juice or canned pumpkin, or the commercial products forbid or Deter.

Stopping it, er, um, uh. Here is what I just suggested in a similar questions, ''Moving the feeding time up may help. If it doesn't help, try a later feeding. Make him move around when you take him out. Movement stimulates the body to relieve itself.

I am not one to insist on expensive dog chows. However, the concentrated, meat based ones do produce smaller stools, which might help.''

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy still pooping in crate [ 11 Answers ]

All right, so I wrote a few months ago about my problems with my puppy pooping in his crate. He is now over 6 months old and still doing it. I am quite sure that he has never really bonded with his crate and I do not know how to remedy this. He does not have accidents inside the house (besides the...

Pooping in crate [ 13 Answers ]

I have had a 14 week old Bichon Frise for 5 days. On the first night he slept in his crate after about a 1/2 hr of barking and slept through without pooping. I feed him Nutro and walk him after every meal and more-lots of toy chasing and running around. Every night after the first night he has...

Pooping in Crate [ 14 Answers ]

HELP! I have an 8 week old Rat Terrier who poops everyday in her crate while we're at work... by the time we get home, she has played in it so badly that we have to give her a bath and wash all her toys and towels from the day. How will she ever learn NOT to do this? Everyone tells me that once...

Pooping in Crate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 10 week old mini dachsund and crate training her. I have reduced the size of the crate to hopefully stop her from eliminating in her crate. When I crate her with her toys, etc. and I went upstairs. She crys and howls when I leave and hhen I came back down 10 minutes later she pooped in...

Puppy pooping in crate [ 22 Answers ]

My 10 week old puppy is doing really well with training during the day, but he poops (sometimes twice a night) in his crate. His last meal of the day is at 6:45 and he usually poops twice before he goes to bed at 11:00. We get up at 3 am to take him out and he has usually gone by then. He has...

View more questions Search