Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BradlyLain Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2012, 07:14 PM
    I need advice!
    I was with a girl who was married. It was a long distance relationship. We knew each other for ten years and were great friends. Her husband beat me to her by less thane a year. She said her marriage was ending and we started seeing each other before it did. I was also in a relationship. I had been in love with her since I first met her though. We were there for each other through a lot of hard times. We started to fight a little (mostly about her estranged husband still being around). We made plans to move into together in a deffrenant city then either of us lived in. Five weeks before we were to move she told me that I was "too controlling" and moved to the new city with her husband. I asked her to explain how I could "control" her from five states away. She said I didn't really control her but that she felt that way at times. No further explination was given. Then she cut off all contact with me for reasons I still don't understand. I do still really love her In spite of all she's done and I have no idea what to do. Advise please?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 07:21 PM
    Leave her alone. She is with her husband and is not likely going to leave him for you.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 07:21 PM
    Let her go. She doesn't want to be with you.

Harsh, I know, but it is the truth.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 07:27 PM
    She's married. She chose her husband. Leave her alone.

Sep 7, 2012, 07:32 PM
    Its not that simple. Her husband did a long list of really messed up things to her. He's an abusive alcoholic and a 38 year old night stalker at Walmart. I'm none of those things and am educated and have a good job. Its hard to understand.

Sep 7, 2012, 07:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BradlyLain View Post
    Its not that simple. Her husband did a long list of really messed up things to her. He's an abusive alcoholic and a 38 year old night stalker at Walmart. I'm none of those things and am educated and have a good job. Its hard to understand.
    oh and we were "together" for almost two years.
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 07:47 PM
    Again, she does NOT want to be with you, regardless of how he treats her or what his profession is... She doesn't want you.

It IS that simple. Leave her alone. Have some dignity, and DON'T become a stalker.

Sep 7, 2012, 07:56 PM
    I would never stalk anyone!
    Education Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 08:00 PM
    Maybe those were just stories she told you. She married him and continues to choose him. No matter what, she didn't choose to move with you. Time to let go.
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 08:03 PM
    I would never stalk anyone!
    That's good!

Look Brad, I realize that you are hurting. To you, this ISN'T that simple. The fact still remains, she cut off all contact with/from you.

It's time to move forward. This too shall pass.

Sep 7, 2012, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    Maybe those were just stories she told you. She married him and continues to choose him. No matter what, she didn't choose to move with you. Time to let go.
    They weren't just stories but your point is well taken. It's easy to say though not so hard to do. I put a lot into this relationship and I'm really hurt by this.
    Education Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 08:13 PM
    They weren't just stories but ur point is well taken. It's easy to say though not so hard to do. I put a lot into this relationship and I'm really hurt by this.
    I hate to say it, but there are no guarantees in any relationship. Stay away from married people. They are cheating on their spouse. What would stop them from cheating on you in the future?

Sep 7, 2012, 08:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    I hate to say it, but there are no guarantees in any relationship. Stay away from married people. They are cheating on their spouse. What would stop them from cheating on you in the future?
    Or right away in this case. Thanks so much for taking time to read this. I'm just super confused and this all happened suddenly and out of the blue. Thie fights (like three the whole time) that we did have seemed to behind us. Given the abuse and other issues she had with her husband I never saw them getting back together until it happened.

Sep 7, 2012, 08:22 PM
    Or right away in this case. Thanks so much for taking time to read this. I'm just super confused and this all happened suddenly and out of the blue. Thie fights (like three the whole time) that we did have seemed to behind us. Given the abuse and other issues she had with her husband I never saw them getting back together until it happened.
    one more question. Why do you think that she would want to cut me completely out of her life? We were friends for a very long time. Why do think she's not hurt by not talking to me?
    Education Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 08:23 PM
    There's a saying, "love is blind."

Sep 7, 2012, 08:23 PM
    one more question. Why do you think that she would want to cut me completely out of her life? We were friends for a very long time. Why do think she's not hurt by not talking to me?
    Ok so that was two. Lol
    Education Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 08:30 PM
    Ok so that was two. Lol
    I'm not sure that she's not hurting. She may be, but you won't know because she's moved away and moved on.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 8, 2012, 11:15 AM
    She could be hurt, but maybe she is trying to heal her marriage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to get your advice, to make sure I am giving the correct advice [ 4 Answers ]

A friend of mine emailed me her question, knowing that I have gone through the custody thing before myself. She asked me when she can file abandonment on her sons father. I want to run by you what I am emailing her back to make sure I give her the correct information. Thank you for your help :)

I need some advice. [ 7 Answers ]

I need advice about my situation. I feel I don't have anywhere or anyone to turn to. Some background information first. I'm 30 years old, married with 2 children. I'm Asian and my husband is what you might call the American Mutt (a mixture of many European countries and a dash of American Indian)....

Advice [ 13 Answers ]

Hi I'm new to the forum but have a question on a relationship issue. In as a condensed a form as possible, some background. Known her for 4 years grown stronger, not seeing on day to day but in regular email contact. Have own 10 year relationship but want to be somewhere else. Problem person lives...

I need advice! [ 14 Answers ]

:confused: I just found out I'm pregnant by my ex. He was physically and emotionally abusive. He told me the last time we spoke that if I ever became pregnant by him he would do "anything necessary to get rid of it". I decided not to tell him but I just thought of a very big problem, I go back to...

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

View more questions Search