Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    awild16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 11:33 PM
    SDT from kissing?
    Is it possible to contract an STD from kissing? If so, how likely is it?:confused:
    kassiking Posts: 8, Reputation: -1

Feb 26, 2007, 08:22 AM
    It is possible if the person whom you are kissing has had oral sex with someone wjo has a std. and yes you can catch it in your mouth and it will move to your gentials.
    scol409 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2007, 03:10 PM
    I disagree with previous answer. YES, if someone had oral sex with someone who had a sexually transmitted disease like herpes, chlamydia, etc. and you kissed them - you would become infected in your mouth and throat. It would not magically travel to your genitals.

Feb 27, 2007, 08:13 AM
    No it doesn't magically travel to your gentitals. But it will travel through you body there.
    scol409 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Please don't think I am argumentative but I am a nurse and even worked at Planned Parenthood for a while dealing with STD's in people on a regular basis so I think I am qualified to give the correct answer. My daughter is a health teacher so I ran it by her, too. You cannot and will not get genital herpes, chlamydia, etc. in your genital (note the correct spelling) area from oral sex unless you transmit it through touch. It does not 'travel through your body' and end up in your crotch. I don't advise having indiscriminate oral sex for a lot of different reasons but please know your facts before answering questions like this.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 27, 2007, 09:53 AM
    I am with you Scol!!

While you surely can get STDs by kissing someone who has it on their oral mucosa, it will not travel through your body to your genitals.

STDs just do not migrate that way. They stay just where the exposure is unless left untreated.

If left untreated STDs such as syphillis can cause permanent brain damage.

Kassiking, your answer was way off base and completely wrong. Please know exact details when giving advice on the medical boards so as not to cause personal/medical harm to another individual.

Feb 28, 2007, 06:57 AM
    If I am incorrect I certainly do apologize. However, I have worked in the medical field at a STD clinic, and this information that I gave came from information from there. I feel as if my answer was informative as well as correct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it okay to ask first when kissing a girl for the first time? [ 18 Answers ]

I'm 20 years old and don't have much experience when it comes to dating. I was wondering if it's a good or bad thing to ask a girl if you can kiss her before the first kiss. Some say it shows weakness and girls don't want to be asked because it ruins the moment, and others say that asking first is...

Problems French Kissing? [ 3 Answers ]

This might be a weird thing to ask, but does having a small/er tongue make french kissing more difficult to do well.. Because I have french kissed girls before and I've tried some of the things people have recommended trying, like 'exploring their mouth' or 'stroking the roof of their mouth' but...

French Kissing ? [ 4 Answers ]

Recently my 1 1/2 yr old daughter has been sticking out her tongue whenever someone tries to kiss her on or near her mouth. I've heard of this before but never known of anyone who's child had this habit. Is this normal? Where could she have gotten this or is it just a curiosity thing? I'm not...

Kissing [ 14 Answers ]

I just don't know what to do now I just don't know should I kiss hunter today or should I wait for him to kiss me but you see he's never kissed a grl before but I've never had my first kiss yet?? I don't know what to do please someone help...

View more questions Search