Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cougarhockey10 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 02:30 PM
    Does using a 3D printer look good on my college application?
    I take a CAD class at my high school and the course requires you to use a 3D printer in the last year of the course. I am a freshman right now and absolutely hate my high school. I am not zoned for this high school and would like to return to my zoned high school but my mom won't let me because my zoned high school doesn't have a 3D printer. So does having experience with this printer make a difference on my college application?

Thanks
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 21, 2012, 02:34 PM
    Really depends on what you are going to do, but it won't hurt.
    As 3D printing is up and coming, at least in general release, it's a good skill to shout about..
    Be specific about the type of printers you have used as well.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 21, 2012, 03:16 PM
    I know of no college where it makes a difference, if the use of 3D is going to be of importance in your college major, but if you are going into Law or Law Enforcement, or Counseling and a dozen other degrees I can see no reason it will help.

What you have to do, is look at the major you are going to take in college, and what colleges you plan on going to
    ** and who knows this as a freshmen in high school**
    And see what they require

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you find the printer in utilities under application. [ 0 Answers ]

I have attached my hplaserjet 1012 to my macbook pro and it did print initially. I am now back at my country home and am having problems printing. I can't find the printer under utilities to delete it and then reinstall. Beth p.s. My prints go to print, the printer shows printing but doesn' t...

How to select the best printer for my application? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a vista PC, a win 7 PC, and an emac all connected to a cisco e3000 router. Need an all in one printer to serve all. Also have an iPad which now has a print function through wi-fi. Since I am not a geek, need easy installation, low cost operation. This is normally a low volume...

College Application Essay [ 21 Answers ]

I wish for someone to look over my college application essay and help me edit it. These are the essays for MIT, so they are very important to me. I do not wish to put my essays so openly out here, so I'd appreciate if someone is willing to help. Thank you very much.

College application fees [ 1 Answers ]

Are college application fees deductible?

Are college application fees deductable? [ 1 Answers ]

My son is a high school senior, he applied to several colleges last fall of '06 at a cost of $600. Are those fees deductable from federal or California taxes? Thanks, Hackmaster4

View more questions Search