Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    niraj1126 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2012, 04:26 PM
    Advantage of graded tax slabs for non-resident aliens
    How is a non-resident alien taxed in the US - does he get the advantage of graded tax slabs - 10% up to XX then 15% and so on or does he pay a flat tax?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

May 14, 2012, 02:59 AM
    Yes nonresident gets advantage of graded tax slabs.
    niraj1126 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2012, 07:13 AM
    Thanks MukatA,

That's really a very big advantage then. People can get the advantage of graded tax slabs in both the countries if they file non-resident return in both the countries and thus save a lot of tax.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Tax Form 8843 for Non Resident Aliens [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've been here for 3 years as an F1 student, and I see that this year the IRS wants us to fill in 8843... In 2008 I was in the US for more than 183 days... in fact all year except for about 2 weeks. And I have income for 2008 so I am going to file a tax return. What's the purpose...

Any advantage to paying non-resident NY state tax? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in NYC with my mom and just recently secured a job in NYC. I have the option in using my dad's NJ address on my employment records. Is there a huge advantage and savings in doing this, understanding that I will have to pay both NJ state resident income tax and also NY state nonresident...

Tax Rates for resident Aliens [ 2 Answers ]

What is the rate of taxes for someone who has worked on OPT?

Sales tax for non-resident aliens [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I've read the other posts/threads, but I'm still confused about the sales tax provision (Publication 600). Here's my situation: I'm an international student. I'm single and a non-resident alien for tax purposes. For that reason I can only file form 1040NR (or, alternatively, the EZ...

View more questions Search