Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debbiet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 02:59 AM
    Late period and a negative test
    Hi I'm debbie, I'm a week late on my period, I've done a test this morning and it's negative, I'm so confused can any body advise me what to do?
    cutiepie04511 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 05:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by debbiet
    hi i'm debbie, i'm a week late on my period, i've done a test this morning and it's negative, i'm so confused can any body advise me what to do?
    Hey There.. I know you probably wouldn't take advice from a 16 year old but when I was a week late on my period I thought I was pregnant so I waited until my upcoming period to see if I would be late and I never got a period then I took a pregnancy test and it showed positive and I took 3 more to make sure it was correct and they all showed positive so there is a posibility you are pregnant...
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Debbie, it is definitely possible that you could be pregnant, OR it could just be a late period. Our bodies are always changing(most of the time we just don't realize it) and once in a while those hormones just switch things up a bit and throw us through a bit of a loop. (such as a late period, or an early period, shorter then usual, longer then usual, etc) however, there are also many women out there whose pregnancy hormones just don't show up yet on hpts, and it takes weeks to months. I would wait for a week, if it still doesn't show up, take a pregnancy blood test(altho it can be taken as sooner , I just suggest waiting to see if your period will show first) a preggy blood test is more accurate and rarely wrong, and isn't much more expensive then a hpt.
    lilkimintraning Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by debbiet
    hi i'm debbie, i'm a week late on my period, i've done a test this morning and it's negative, i'm so confused can any body advise me what to do?
    Well try in about too weeks and see what you get if you get negative agein your peirods maybe no what its called INREULAR birthcontol helps and if your trying to get pregnet go to a doctor and see what can be done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed period but negative pregnancy test [ 7 Answers ]

I am 4 days late I have always been regular for as long as I can remember A few weeks ago I learned I had a urinary tract infection and I went to the doctor to get it treated I haven't had any signs since could that be why I am late. I also had intercourse around the time this month I would or...

2 1/2 weeks late and negative pregnancy test [ 43 Answers ]

Ok, so I took a pregnancy test at home when my period was 9 days late and it was negative. I have never missed a period before or been late, EVER! I am now 12 days late but want to wait until Sunday to take another one to be sure. I have had very light cramping for the past 2 and a half weeks along...

Missed Period/ Negative pregnant. Test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm joelle and I'm 21 yrs old. I went off the mircette birth control pill in October and for two months I had periods that came about 6 weeks apart... before going off the pill and before I started the pill they were like clockwork every 28 days. But I did get those two periods of normal length...

Missed Period/Negative Pregnancy Test [ 4 Answers ]

I am four days late for my period, and today on the fourth day I have a light brown discharge when I use the bathroom and I wipe. My periods are always right on time, I have had no blood. Me and my husband are trying to have a baby, and we do not use protection of any kind. I am 24, I took a...

Spotting No Period Negative Blood Test [ 3 Answers ]

I am 2 days late for period. I have had light pink spotting only when i wipe for 3 days. I had a blood test today. Negative. I only ovulated at most 2 weeks ago? Could it be too early? I am having no cramping. I guess on the day spotting started i had mild cramping, but none now, bloated and...

View more questions Search