Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    makri Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 6, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Late but the test was negative
    My last period was on the 4th of January. I'm usually very regular but I'm about 5 days late. I took 2 home pregnancy tests and they were both negative. I don't have any signs of pregnancy so I don't know what's wrong with me but I'm terribly afraid. I plan on taking another test tomorrow morning. Could someone please tell me what could be wrong? I'm going crazy!

Sorry for being so vague. I'm 20 years old and I'm not on birth control but I've never had unprotected sex. I feel so terrible for even putting myself in this situation. I was assuming I would have my period by the 1st or 2nd cause normally I get it about 28-30 days later. I think I'm driving myself nuts. I don't have any signs and I don't feel any differently then I usually do. Thank you for any advice you can give me.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 6, 2007, 01:45 PM
    What is your age? Age is very important because it could have to do with hormonal "swings" that we all go through.

That said, since your period was on the 4th of Jan, and today is only the 6th, (you did not mention exactly when your period was due, so I am only guessing), you are not really considered late in the medical community.

You also do not mention what form of birth control you use, if any.

The more info you can provide the better we can help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative test and pregnancy symptoms [ 14 Answers ]

I am so confused my periods are usually irregular I was supposed to of started my period around April 17 or so but, I had unprotected sex with my husband April 20th. I am not on birth control. Well on May 1st I had what I thought was my period and I think was my period but, it lasted 2 days. It...

2 1/2 weeks late and negative pregnancy test [ 43 Answers ]

Ok, so I took a pregnancy test at home when my period was 9 days late and it was negative. I have never missed a period before or been late, EVER! I am now 12 days late but want to wait until Sunday to take another one to be sure. I have had very light cramping for the past 2 and a half weeks along...

Causing a negative pregnancy test? [ 2 Answers ]

I a supposed to leave for Basic Training next week... A few weeks ago I found out I was pregnant, had a d&c, so I a no longer pregnant. However, my hcg levels are still being detected by a pregnancy tests. Is there anything I can drink or do to get my hcg levels to drop back to normal more quick?...

Late period and a negative test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm debbie, I'm a week late on my period, I've done a test this morning and it's negative, I'm so confused can any body advise me what to do?

I might be pregnant but the recent test was negative [ 1 Answers ]

The last time I had sex with my now exboyfriend was around the first week of December. About a week later I had a full normal period which was 7 days long(normal). I started my current period Wednesday and by Friday I was no longer bleeding, not even spotting. :confused: This has never...

View more questions Search