Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raerae73 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 10:26 AM
    Getting the father to agree to sign away his rights to our son.
    The father of my 22 month old son is a 7 time convicted felon and our relationship ended because he physically threatened me and came at me. The police were called and I did as they suggested went and got a Full Order of Protection for me and my son. The father has no respect for boundaries. I am still very intimidated and scared by this man. Because he has found ways around the Order in place it puts me thinking. He is now married and has a baby on the way with his new wife. He threatened me about going after him for child support. I didn't but I was getting assistance and our son had no health insurance so the state was going after him for that. I wasn't asking for child support. So another reason for him to get mad with me. He brought our son home and as he gave me our son he physically groped me without my consent and I was totally in shock. He violated the Order so with that do I have more than enough cause and reason to ask for him to sign over his rights cause this will continue to keep happening if he is apart of our lives and this is no way I want to continue to live?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2012, 10:32 AM
    Is there a Court Order regarding visitation? If not - go and get one. PROVE he's dangerous. Unfortunately having a child with a 7 time convicted felon ties you to him until the child is AT LEAST 18.

I don't understand why he was close enough to you to grope you if you have a restraining order against him.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2012, 12:39 PM
    There is no way to "make him sign away his rights" You can make sure he follows the court ordered child visitation order. Only make exchanges of the child in a public place, many people use fire houses or police stations to do the exchange of the child.

If he gropes you, call the police and file a report, it is illegal, there is no "babies daddy" right to grope.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 30, 2012, 05:11 PM
    Agreed you can't force him to sign over his rights. However, if you can prove he is a danger to the child, you may be able to get his rights terminated.

However, with the state involved, they may not allow a termination.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my son's father sign off all rights to our son to my husband? [ 1 Answers ]

(Adrian, Michigan) My husband and I have been married for just over a year, but have been together for almost 4 years. I have a son who will be 8 in December and he has not seen his father for almost 4 years. His father won't seen him because I will not drive the 20 minutes to drop him off at his...

I want my son father to sign over all his right what do I do? [ 5 Answers ]

I just want my son father to sign his rights over, I don't ask him for money just ask that he there for my son like I'm. He there when he feel like it. So I just want him to sign them over I don't have time for the games. So what do I do?

Can father agree to surrender full custody rights to the mother of child? [ 4 Answers ]

My question is Can my daughters father consent full custody to me with out going to court? My daughter is going to be 2yrs of age, I am the sole caretaker of her. I have provided everything to my daughter with out the need of her father. We were never married and she does not have his last...

Getting my ex to sign over his rights so my son can be adopted [ 10 Answers ]

I don't know how I can get my ex (who has never even seen my son) to sign over his rights so that my boyfriend, who has been a part of his life since the later months of my pregnancy, to sign over his rights. If you know anything at all about this pleas answer!

Single Mother's father of her son wants to sign his rights away [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single mother of a 11 month old and I have been trying to get the father of my son to be involved in his sons life I have not asked for money but I did recently go through the attorney general and he requested the paternity testing and of course he showed to be the father which he just was...

View more questions Search