Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chastity81 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 05:38 PM
    Single Mother's father of her son wants to sign his rights away
    I am a single mother of a 11 month old and I have been trying to get the father of my son to be involved in his sons life I have not asked for money but I did recently go through the attorney general and he requested the paternity testing and of course he showed to be the father which he just was trying to buy himself some time we have not seen him since before I got pregnant I have tried to contact him through out the pregnancy and after but no response he got married to another female right after my son was born and they are currently expecting and the only way I know this information is due to his family because I called and informed them of my son before he was born and they try to keep in touch and he really doesn't speak with them either or as they say and the attorney general set a child support order and he has not shown up at any of the negotiation meetings or anything and we are coming upon a court date for contempt due to him not paying and he has sent me dirty messages calling me names and different things and saying he is going to sign his rights away and I really don't know what to do either to let him sign his rights away because of all the dirty messages and names he has been calling me I am kind of afraid for my son or I to be around him and he has another daughter by his previous wife and another one on the way which his previous or present wife does not even know about my son or I and I really don't know which way to go so please if you have any good suggestions or information I greatly appreciate it because I am stuck between a rock and a hard place because I want my son to have his father but if he is going to act that way around him I am afraid he will either harm him or try to turn him against me so once he is old enough he will go live with him because he has a better job and money that he can try to buy his love with so please help a mother out
    Thanks and god bless :)
    Reblin Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 12:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chastity81
    I am a single mother of a 11 month old and i have been trying to get the father of my son to be involved in his sons life i have not asked for money but i did recently go thru the attorney general and he requested the paternity testing and of course he showed to be the father which he just was trying to buy himself some time we have not seen him since before i got pregnant i have tried to contact him through out the pregnancy and after but no response he got married to another female right after my son was born and they are currently expecting and the only way i know this information is due to his family because i called and informed them of my son before he was born and they try to keep in touch and he really doesnt speak with them either or as they say and the attorney general set a child support order and he has not shown up at any of the negotation meetings or anything and we are coming upon a court date for contempt due to him not paying and he has sent me dirty messages calling me names and different things and saying he is going to sign his rights away and i really dont know what to do either to go ahead and let him sign his rights away because of all the dirty messages and names he has been calling me i am kinda afraid for my son or i to be around him and he has another daughter by his previous wife and another one on the way which his previous or present wife does not even know about my son or i and i really dont know which way to go so plse if you have any good suggestions or information i greatly appreciate it because i am stuck between a rock and a hard place because i want my son to have his father but if he is going to act that way around him i am afraid he will either harm him or try to turn him against me so once he is old enough he will go live with him because he has a better job and money that he can try to buy his love with so plse help a mother out
    thanks and god bless :)
    I feel your pain... but you can not force the father to love his son or be a part of his life... you will only add more heart ache to yourself and most of all to your son. It is best that you let that go for now and as your son gets older, remember honesty will be the best policy. Believe I am dreading the day my son starts to ask questions... but we need to be strong. As far as releasing parental rights... DO NOT let him go there. You will be kissing away child support. For the crap he put you through and for the way he treats his son... MAKE HIM PAY... and do it with a smile on your face! :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father sign over rights? [ 2 Answers ]

My 4 month old son has no father on his birth certificate and the father said he would sign over his rights. If I have a document that I print up for him to sign over his rights and have it notarized then can that be good enough instead of going to a lawyer? Then I am getting married and can he...

Force father to sign away rights [ 2 Answers ]

My question is... as a mother with sole legal and physical custody of my child... can I force the biological father to sign away his parental rights if he refuses?

Can a father sign rights over [ 15 Answers ]

My question is... can a father sign his rights over to the child's mother or does there have to be a third party involved for the biological father to sign his rights over to? In other words... my sister had a baby with a man who is not currently present in the child's life. She wants him to sign...

Father wants to sign over rights in FL [ 2 Answers ]

My son's father keeps threating to sign over his rights, he said he does not need my permission and I can't stop him. He only wants to do this because he has just gotten a job and now has to pay. We have not received anything from him in almost a year, can he really do this and can I do anything to...

How do I get the father of my children to sign over rights? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 23 and have 2 children by the same man. We have had an on/off relationship for the past 4 years. Recently We broke up for the last time when he hurt me physically for the first time. I would really like to get our lives on track and have a better life. I would perfer for him to not be in it. ...

View more questions Search