Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deepblue812 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Late period?
    For the past five months my girlfriend and I have been having safe sex using a condom every time she isn't on the pill but we have never had a condom break or rip on us ever since we have been together. She recently told me that her period is 4 days late. Is this normal and how long should she wait to take a pregnancy test if she still hasn't gotten her period?
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2007, 03:13 PM
    No form of birth control is ever 100% effective, except for abstinence of course. I commend you and your girlfriend for your extra careful behavior. It is a sign of maturity when you take those extra steps to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. Good job! As far as her being late. How old is your girlfriend? Her body/hormones are always changing, and as a result, it could be perfectly normal for her to be late. There is always a chance that she could be pregnant. Since she is already late for her period, she can take a home pregnancy test right now. It is always best for her to use first morning urine.(meaning she takes the test the first time that she pees in the morning, as the hormone levels will be the strongest after having set all night) If the test comes out negative and her period still has not shown up in a week from that testing date, she should probably go and see an ob/gyn and or get a blood test done. (or another hpt. Blood tests are usually more accurate however) good luck, and best wishes to you both.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Late Period... [ 1 Answers ]

I am 27 years old and have a 16 month old daughter, whom I am still breastfeeding, but not exclusively. She feeds now mostly for comfort. My period returned in September of last year. My last period started on the 17th November and was 6 days long. I am now about 50 days late. I have done...

Very Late period [ 3 Answers ]

I am 22 years old. I expected my period the first week of December, now it's the 22nd! I took a "4 days before your missed period" at home pregnancy test=negative. My breasts haven't changed, I have not vomited. I have, however, been tired, had gas, and tonight I see a little light pink spotting. I...

Late period [ 2 Answers ]

I am 7 days late from my period And I am not sreet at all And my last period was on the 20 augest 2006 And I was to come on on the 17 of setember 2006 And I have still not come on and my nipple are going brown and I fell sick and everything

Very late period [ 16 Answers ]

Hey pplz I need little help I'm kind of confused... me and my wife been together for about 6 yrs(even thogh just got married) and we never used any condoms. So now she's late on her period for about 3 weeks. At first I got all moody because I didn't want a kid for numerouse reasons. She took a...

Late Period [ 1 Answers ]

My last period was April 20th. I should have gotten one May 17th. I'm not always regular, but lasst month I was right on time. I had sex on the 21st of April and somewhere around the 8th of may. The "ovulation" day for me should be May 4th. Both times my boyfriend and I had sex he withdrew (not for...

View more questions Search