Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HeadInTheClouds Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2011, 02:11 AM
    Why can't I stop thinking of her?
    I met this girl about three to four months ago when I got hired at a restaurant. She worked at a coffee shop nearby and I met her the first time I got coffee there. When our eyes first met I knew this girl was different than any other I had met before. I ended up asking her out then and there (something I've never attempted, though being 23 I don't see why not) and she accepted getting a drink with me sometime. We get involved, keep it open, start 'dating'. Everything is wonderful, I can tell her about anything, share with her my deepest and most private thoughts, confide in her things I would not tell anyone else. Eventually, after many nights together and frequent talks about our situation we run into each other at a friend's house, except she's not there to see me, she's there to see his brother. Now yes, this bothered me, but I didn't let it get to me. I excused myself and went home, being late anyway and work the next day I thought I'd get some rest. We talked the next day and I told her that I loved her, which is in fact very true. She called me courageous and said that we were 'cool'. Later that evening she called me up and broke things off.

I can't stop thinking about her. We only knew each other for a few months, however it seemed like an eternity of bliss to me. She still wants to be my friend, but my feelings are very intense, however I reluctantly agreed. We have only seen each other twice since then, winter break being upon us and her going north to see family.

I am alone in my house on this winter break and I can't think of anything but her. Every waking second is filled with her smile and every moment asleep dreams conjured of her touch and kiss. I'm in complete anguish. This is a depression greater than any other I've experienced in my life. What can I do to stop thinking about her? What can I do to stop loving her?
    Bubble28 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2011, 10:50 AM
    It takes time to get over Someone you had a deep connection with. Some people don't fully get over it. You can try and get her back... Maybe?
    kjoy82 Posts: 33, Reputation: 11

Jan 1, 2012, 07:31 AM
    You need to focus on what broke the two of you up...
    This is a very hard thing to do, that I DO know... but you can survive this.

There is someone out there who is better suited for you... do not give up.
    You will find someone who will love you, someone who will cherish who you are.
    And you deserve that!!
    Do not convince yourself that she is it... because this shows in the way she is treating you sweetie...

A if by chance she has met someone else, do not worry about it OK? They are only getting what you ALREADY had.
    Take care of yourself... keep yourself busy and try to stay focused...

Wishing you happiness... :)
    HeadInTheClouds Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2012, 12:32 AM
    Thanks everyone. Things do get better with time, just can be emotionally difficult to get attached. Got over it and have currently met someone new and it's going pretty well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't stop thinking about her! [ 22 Answers ]

I was with my ex for over four years. A month ago she decided to tell me she no longer loves me and it was over! We have 2 boys. She will only let me see them at the weekends. I've tried to moved on but I cant! Ive been txting her, emailing her ringing er and even set her a letter. All of this...

Why can I stop thinking about her? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so I recently started talking with this girl in one of my classes. I started smiling at her and would smile back at me. We have talked a couple of times and I like her. I see her in my class everytday and every time I go in she smiles at me. I don't know if she has a boyfriend though I'm hoping...

Why can't I stop thinking about my ex? [ 2 Answers ]

Please disregard

Need to stop thinking. [ 3 Answers ]

I've been told that I think too much about things,weather it be anything to do with girls or work.. or every day things... once I start thinking about things I always start to think the worst... how do I overcum myself thinking to deep... :confused:

I can't stop thinking about her [ 7 Answers ]

A few days ago I was hanging out with a few friends... theres this one girl there that I sort of had feeings for at the time... we drank a little bit and one thing led to another and we ended up getting together... now I don't know if she likes me or wants to be with me or anything because I don't...

View more questions Search