Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    descendead_rose Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2011, 01:49 PM
    Envy is killing me
    I am really envious of my best friend. She is incredibly beautiful, tall and skinny, popular, and most acknowledged amongst my friends. I've even told her I was jealous of her. It helped a little, but it still hurts being around her. I've tried giving her gifts and wishing for her happiness. But then it just comes back to how much I hate how I look, how I act, my future plans, etc. I'm always asking myself "why do I care?" I'd do anything for my friend, but I feel as if I am not worthy of presence or I find myself competing for her attention. This isn't who I am but I find myself acting this way. I know I'm better than this, but when she's around I'm low and pathetic. She's always getting compliments on her beauty. She knows she's pretty, and that what I hate the most. I love her, but I can't help hating her (this is a result of my envy, I try to keep it in). What should I do? Should I stay away from her despite the fact my friends are her friends?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 27, 2011, 01:51 PM
    A "friend" does not make you feel that way, does she know, have you talked to her about it ?
    descendead_rose Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2011, 02:04 PM
    I have talked to her about it, but it makes me feel even lower because of this demeaning feeling. I've heard telling someone you're envious of them reveals they may be jealous of you, but not in my case.
    BK201 Posts: 338, Reputation: 150

Nov 27, 2011, 04:25 PM
    I was thinking what would I do, if I were in your situation... oh yeah, I have been there..
    My close friend is a handsome guy, girls go crazy for him. Sometimes I have been jealous, yes, that can't be avoided. But I don't have to hate him for being handsome, do I? He has his own problems, break ups, and I have my own life.
    The point is, don't depend completely on this friend of yours, you need a few more close buddies. Be independent, respect your friendship with her and cherish what you have. If I can get over it, so can you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Manifestations of envy [ 8 Answers ]

Who could tell me (born again Christians please) their opinions on chracteristics of Envy? Envy of man towards a woman. Colleagues in a work place. She is new, he has been there for 6 years +. Two totally different departments but he holds a grudge. Why? He had a problem with previous occupy...

Why do I envy her and her current boyfriend? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, so this happened last year but I'm still stuck. I've been a close friend to this girl for so long... And we kind of liked one another. However, I could not ask her out since 1) she doesn't "believe in love", and 2) she doesn't date people younger than her, which I am. But then comes...

Struggle with envy [ 21 Answers ]

I wake up and go to work at a job that I hate. I live about an hour away, so it gives me al lot of time to think which is probably not good. I can't help but see the thousands of 250k+ homes and luxury cars etc. I wonder to myself even though I make a good wage there are people out there making...

How to manage envy and fear [ 4 Answers ]

I am new to Christianity. I have been wondering if God has a plan for me and why I have so much trouble hearing Him. Today, dawned on me that I am filled with Envy of everyone. It is terrible!! I can barely stay in my own life because I'm so busy looking at everyone else's and comparing. Is...

Ear Bud Envy [ 13 Answers ]

Hello: I have these really cute ears. However, they're shaped wrong. I don't know why, but I can't keep ear buds in 'em. They just fall out. I push and bend - and they still fall out. It even hurts, I've pushed so hard. I see people walking around, even riding bicycles bouncing along...

View more questions Search