Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hvactothemost Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2011, 10:04 PM
    I have a American standard 90 plus furnace that will not light.
    I have changed the draft motor I'm not getting any suction to pull in the pressure switch could it be the heat exchanger. If I suck in the pressure switch it lights up.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2011, 10:02 AM
    It could be the heat exchanger and they have a 20-year warranty most of the time. It would be rare. It also could be in the draft switch being out of calibration or the motor turning in the wrong direction. The fan rotates in the direction the blades point. Did you get an exact replacement or a generic? The wrong rotation is highest on probability. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American standard furnace wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I re installed Amercan Standard transfer, I got 24 volts, just need to know that the wiring of the front and back is correct. The model number is GUF120DE3

American Standard furnace will not light [ 1 Answers ]

I have an American Standard furnace with an automatic ignition that will not light. I have done the steps of shut off power, turn off thermostat, turn gas control switch to OFF then everything back on but it still won't ignite. I checked at the gas control switch with a meter and there is no...

American standard furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I have an American Standard Freedom 80 Single Stage downflow gas furnace, Model #DD060C936F. I noticed it is blowing cold air after a power failure, the error light blinks 4 times. I opened the panel I saw the ignitor lit but burner won't come on. After a week it's working pefectly fine for a...

Keepright funace or American Standard Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to decide which furnace I should replace my existing furnace with a Keepright Furnace or American Standard Furnace? Both are there Higher End Furnaces. Please Advise

View more questions Search