Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pasig1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 08:26 PM
    American standard furnace
    I have an American Standard Freedom 80 Single Stage downflow gas furnace, Model #DD060C936F. I noticed it is blowing cold air after a power failure, the error light blinks 4 times. I opened the panel I saw the ignitor lit but burner won't come on. After a week it's working pefectly fine for a couple of weeks. Now it's blowing cold air again but this time the ignitor does not light up at all. What seems to be the problem?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2010, 08:36 PM

Do you have the lighter that glows a very bright glow just before it lites the burners> If so it is possible that you have a bad ignitor.

Let me know what you have in the way of a pilot and I will try to help you.
    pasig1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2010, 04:23 PM
    I've seen the ignitor glowed bright before but the burner never lit, that was the first time I noticed the problem of blowing cold air. Now the ignitor doesn't glow at all.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2010, 08:12 PM

If you can get to where you can see the complete ignitor look of a crack or a white spot on it, if you see on that means that the ignitor is bad and needs to be replaced.

It this turns out to be the problem bevery careful when you are replacing the ignitor and try not to touch any part of the gray surface with your fingers, the oil in your skin will make them burn out faster.

If you have a volt meter you can do a test to see for sure if the problem is the ignitor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American standard furnace thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

Ijust purchased a new furnace, an American standard with Intell Ignition control (50A65-476). I am only using it as a furnace, no heat pump or air. The old furnace used a two wire thermostat. The new control has twin-Y-W-R-G-C. Which do I need and which if any need to be jumped to use the furnace.

Keepright funace or American Standard Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to decide which furnace I should replace my existing furnace with a Keepright Furnace or American Standard Furnace? Both are there Higher End Furnaces. Please Advise

Old American standard furnace pilot lite going out! [ 3 Answers ]

Will a universal thermocoupler work on it?. The one on there now seems to be a connected by a braided metal covered wire and connected to a power bar of some type.. . then a wire runs off the power bar to the 5/16 fitting... seems as though a universal honeywell thermocoupler would run direct from...

Rewire older American Standard furnace. [ 2 Answers ]

The man next door had his home heating system updated and saved the old gas furnace to use in his shop. I have helped him run the gas line to the furnace and done all of the venting. It's an older American Standard furnace that's in really good shape with no heat exchanger issues,the motor is...

View more questions Search