Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ralakan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2011, 02:57 PM
    Rheem gas furnace not turning on, found disconnected wire
    I have an old Rheem gas furnace which doesn't power on. I opened up the unit and found what looks like a wire that has been disconnected. Can anyone tell me where this should be plugged back in (if at all?)

Pic of what I'm talking about

The disconnected wire is red and below where everything else is connected.

I tested the socket and it is powered. Turning the thermostat on fan does nothing.

Thanks!
    Bigteke0629 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2011, 03:05 PM
    Typically you can take the wire and it should be in the radius of the length of the wire.inside you unit there should be a schematic. On the wire there is a number a letters. Find that on the schematic and there you go. You might also look for wire that are piggy backed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where is the optical sensor to be found on a Rheem ROBC 048qBEA furnace? [ 0 Answers ]

My furnace is running normally, but will not "light"--I've tried resetting it, clearing soot around the air intake, and using the emergency shut-down. There's oil in the tank, and the whole system seems to be operating--but no heat. A friend suggested that the optical sensor might need to be...

Have a rheem criterion 2 gas furnace (1X2000), our gas was out for three days (Tucson [ 0 Answers ]

Have a rheem criterion 2 gas furnace (1X2000), our gas was out for three days (Tucson Az ) Now it’s back on, and both furnaces start and stop about ever 4 to 10 minutes

I'm trying to wire my new (Honeywell 7500) thermostat to Rheem furnace [ 0 Answers ]

I have the following information. I have a Yellow wire to Y terminal Orange to B terminal Blue to C terminal Red to R...

Rheem gas furnace [ 5 Answers ]

I have an older Rheem gas furnace with badly burnt wiring and needing to rewire. I need a wiring diagram

Goodman gas furnace.relight after turning off gas at meter? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, First time posting. Maintenance tech at local college. I'm working at home today though. I am relocating a gas line in the living room and need to turn the gas off at the meter. We have a Goodman gas furnance(duel fuel system)with electronic ignitnor. When I turn the gas to the house...

View more questions Search