Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bamamojo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 10:49 AM
    Burners come on, go off, come on, then they go away
    Hi folks. I've got a problem with a Goodman GPG13 gas pack unit. When a call to heat is given all seems to work fine but the burners come on for a short time then some go off and come back on but after a while (a couple minutes) they all go off. And they stay off for the lock out time ~ I'm guessing an hour or so. I've checked the inlet gass pressure and it is within the right range (5" - 10" WC).

Interestingly, when it is not too cold outside it seems to work but when it is very cold outside, especially during the night, it fails miserably. :confused:

The flames from the burner look good (at least to my inexperience eyes ---they look a pretty blue).

Please help if you can and thanks in advance!
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2007, 10:59 AM
    See here and here
    danbehan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2009, 07:22 PM
    I have the same problem, did you ever find a solution. My unit is also a Goodman GPG13 Packaged AC/Gas unit. It will work fine all day and when the temperature drops below 50F it starts blowing cold air. If I leave it alone it will start working again in the morning when the temperature goes above 50F.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2009, 08:58 PM

NatGas or LP? Sounds like a problem with a regulator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Burners do not stay lit. [ 3 Answers ]

Burners do not stay lit. I have a brand new Goodman GPG13 package unit with a 138,000 BTU natural gas furnace. The furnace has six (6) burners and an electronic spark ignition. All burners light, then (after about one (1) minute) the bottom burner or bottom two burners sputter or just go out may...

Gas stove burners [ 2 Answers ]

I have a magic chef gas stove. It is about 8 years old. About a year ago the two high speed burners quit lighting. And now only one of the burners will light. You can light them with a match. And after they are hot the other three igniters will light them short term

Burners won't ignite--no gas? [ 1 Answers ]

Lennox model GMP075-3. Installed in '95. I've tried resetting according to instructions on access cover panel (turn heat to 'off', turn off power to furnace, turn gas valve to 'off' for 5 minutes, etc.) When I call for heat, small (induction?) fan runs for a few seconds, the igniter unit glows...

2 internal dvd burners [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know can you have 2 internal dvd burners in your computer and both of them working if so how do u set it up

Burners won't stay lit [ 2 Answers ]

-- need more help in figuring out flame sensor or roll out switch - Weather King --- ICECO --- 80 PJ --- forced air --- Honeywell valve (on/off switch)---burners light for 1 or 2 seconds, then go out

View more questions Search