Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karesha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 05:38 PM
    Menstrual cycle after pregnancy
    I just had a baby 12 weeks ago, my husband and I have had sex, my 2nd period isn't normal, could I be pregnant? Or are periods not right after pregnancy?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 31, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Well, it is very easy to get pregnant right after having a baby, this is one reason many doctors recommend that you use protection if you are not ready to be pregnant again.

With that said, are you breastfeeding?

Usually periods are not back to normal for several months after delivery of your baby. What do you mean by not normal. I need more info to be able to answer your question better.
    karesha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 05:57 PM
    I breast fed for the first 6 weeks. New Year's Eve my husband and I had sex with protection.
    He did his thing and then put it back in without protection for a minute. I started my first period Jan. 3. it was like a normal period. It is now time for period now, but it's not blood, it's just a little brown every now and then when I go to bathroom.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 31, 2007, 05:59 PM
    It would probably be advisable for you to take a pregnancy test. This may or may not be normal for you and only your doctor can safely guide you in the right direction at this point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Menstrual cycle [ 4 Answers ]

March 9th my period started and it was normal.around the 25th-31st of march I have been spotting and feeling a little crampy,what do you think is happening,and this is the first it has ever done this.

Please help with the cause of this-Menstrual period [ 2 Answers ]

I started my period January 1 and it lasted about 7 days.. I started again on January 16, first spotting and now it is heavier. What could be the cause of this? I am not on birth control and have been off for over a 1 year now. Please help..

On Menstrual cycle for 12 days [ 5 Answers ]

Hello!! I hope everyone is doing great! Well I have been on my period for 12 days. I missed my period for two months. I Had a baby 7 months ago, so I was thinking is was due to that. But know I'am concerned

Changes in Menstrual Cycles [ 2 Answers ]

Any changes in menstrual cycles such as clotting, and unusually heavy bleeding can be indications of serious problems, no matter what age, so please see your family physician. Please take your body serious and watch for signs. Check this page for possible or probable causes of changes in your...

Menstrual irregularities [ 3 Answers ]

OK, I'm 19 years old, a virgin, and am 195lbs about 60 pounds over the ideal weight for my height. Well, I have never really been regular with my period, maybe every 3 to 9 months. What can I do to become more regular, Can I still get pregnant? I know I should go to an OBGYN, but can't afford...

View more questions Search