Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xorasun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 02:53 AM
    Airconditioning, leakage in the copper pipes.
    I heard that there is a substance in the form of powder that could be used to liquidate microholes in the copper pipe that connects the unit with the ventilator/condencer device. I wonder if some one can help me with the exact title and trademark of this product.

I am experiencing constant leakage of freon in my AC and the repairmen told me that it's because of the leakage in the pipe which is hidden in the wall, when I did repair of my apartment. They said that the pipe should be replaced. However, they told me that if I could get the above-referenced powder I could avoid this hassle and all they would do is charge the freon device with it and the hole would be eliminated.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Sodiq
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2007, 05:09 PM
    I've never heard of such a thing, and it would take a good persuation to make me try it. I don't see why a new lineset is necessary. Drywall is not that tough to repair. At the cost of copper today I would just cut the pipe at the hole and braze not soft solder a coupling.
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Jan 31, 2007, 06:26 PM
    If you popped a hole in the tubing behind the wall, then the wall will have to be at least partially removed for access to repair it. No magic powder is going to fix it... It must be replaced or repaired by brazing...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C not cooling, Small Copper pipe COLD and Large Copper pipe room temp. [ 4 Answers ]

I just moved into a newly constructed townhome and the a/c units are of course new. The A/c is not cooling at all. The machine inside turns on as well as the one outside. The inside A/C makes a strange sucking sound kind of like if you were sipping something out of a cup with a straw and you ran...

Water Heater Leakage [ 1 Answers ]

Help, help, pleeeeeeeease help, I have a major leak coming from the bottom of my hot water heater, specifically, from the right side, which is the cold water supply side. I turned off the hot water valve , but the water kept coming out at a rapid pace. I then shut off the cold water supply line...

Kenmore Heavy Duty washer water leakage? [ 2 Answers ]

It would be wonderful if anyone can help. I have and old Kenmore heavy duty Washer, Model#c1104430081 canadian model. Problem starts as washer becomes full of water, leakage seems to occur between washer basin(if that's The correct term?) and adjacent metal connector. Leakage increases on...

Repair copper pipes [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to remove a pipe that has been soldered

View more questions Search