Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    youngmommytobe Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2011, 08:05 PM
    Custody laws in ma? Do mothers have a right to their unborn baby
    I'm 16 and I'm 12 weeks pregnant. The father and I are no longer together. Do I have to give the baby his last name? Just because it is his baby doesn't mean he's goiing to be there and support it, id rather do it on my own. If he were to take me to court to fight for the costody would he have an advantadge due to his age? (hes 17) should I take him to court first? I haven't told my parents but I told an aunt. I just want to be in control of my baby and give it the best life. I don't want it to go back and forth from house to hoouse maybe only on holiday? Please give me advice.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2011, 08:16 PM

No one really has a right to an "unborn child" once the child is born, the mother can decide the name of the child,

The father may have the right to file for joint custody, but unless you are a unfit mother, he can not take the child completely,

But the father will get visits, if he wants it, at least every other weekend, and often one day during the week also.
    But it is very common to share custody. So don't be unrealistic that he will not get regular visits.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2011, 08:21 PM

Also for follow up, I will assume this is the boyfriend and you were 15 about a month ago. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...nt-557353.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the custody laws of wa for unborn children? [ 6 Answers ]

I want to move to Missouri state with my family and take her with me. Would it be best to move before she is born? I'm so scared that he will try to take her away. He has more money and income than me too. Will that affect anything?

What's the name of a series of comic strips about an unborn baby in the mothers womb? [ 0 Answers ]

It was a funny series of comic strips. I can't remember what it's called, but I remember one strip was of the "baby" stretching out the umbilical cord into a hammock and laying down. The series was fully black and white. The front and back covers were yellow I think. I read it maybe 10 years ago

How I Take the custody of my unborn baby [ 2 Answers ]

My name is Christoper n I want to know if is a way that I can take d custody of my unborn baby if her mother is abusing of drugs n drink she is 7 months n two weeks :(

Temporary custody of my mothers unborn child. [ 2 Answers ]

My mother is going back over seas and she wants me to have temporary custody of my unborn sister for a year. We don't want to file it in court, so what documents can I use to be notarized? We want it to be notarized before the baby is born. Is that possible?:confused:

Custody of my unborn baby? [ 9 Answers ]

Got married in February I found out I was pregnant in March and My husband is now living with his mother because he says " he will never put nothing before her" She is "the most important thing, the only person who stood by him for 13 years that he was in prison" Our baby is due in November and...

View more questions Search