Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laurenweathersb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 04:47 AM
    Temporary custody of my mothers unborn child.
    My mother is going back over seas and she wants me to have temporary custody of my unborn sister for a year. We don't want to file it in court, so what documents can I use to be notarized? We want it to be notarized before the baby is born. Is that possible?:confused:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 08:36 AM

You need temporary guardian papers so you can take her to the doctors and so forth.
    I don't know if you can do this without a lawyer. My neighbor only got notarized papers without any lawyers or courts. The Drs and schools accepted notarized papers from the mother to the neighbors (the fathers family)
    But everybody here says that is not legal.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 21, 2008, 09:13 AM

Well first you can not get any custody of a "unborn" child. So all legal work has to be done after the child is born.

You may get power of attorney to act on the child's behalf,and to get medical care for the child.

You can not get any legal custody without going to court and having a judge sign off on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father seeking child custody of an unborn child [ 8 Answers ]

How can I get partial custody to my unborn child? The mother refusing to name me as the father. I know I can file after the baby is born, but I want to be there for the birth of my child.

I want to give custody of my unborn child to the father before the child is born [ 2 Answers ]

I am pregnant and wish to give custody to the father before the child is born

Custody of unborn child [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I after 4 years are splitting up, I am now 3 months pregnant and he is telling me that he wants 50-50 custody. Can paperwork be drawn up now or does it have to wait until the baby is born?

Unborn child custody [ 3 Answers ]

I am 6 months pregnant and my husband is physically and mentally abusive. I have finally left him but now he's threating to take the baby away from me when she's born. Is there anything I can do to establish custody before she's born. I have a past criminal record (like 7 years) and I'm scared that...

Custody of unborn child [ 2 Answers ]

I am debating on a divorce. My timing is not so great however, because I am in the first trimester of my first pregnancy. I do not think abortion is the answer, however my husband threats that he will take me to court for full custody. The baby is not even born yet though... what can happen here? I...

View more questions Search