Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Apr 4, 2011, 05:47 PM
    How important is the voltage rating on a laptop battery?
    I need to replace my HP laptop battery. The voltage rating on the original battery is 14.4V. The HP replacement on the HP website has a 10.8V rating. That doesn't sound right. HP should know what works in their equipment, but with that big a difference, I'm skeptical. I would like to know if a battery with a lower output voltage will work properly before buying it.

Thanks,
    Walt
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 06:20 PM

Voltage ratings are very important. Are you sure they are giving you the right specification? Have you tried looking elsewhere for a battery to see what it might say for a rating ?
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Apr 13, 2011, 10:26 AM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    I was able to find a company which sold a battery with the same model number on the internet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

RUUD Blower Motor Replacement - how important is the FLA rating? [ 1 Answers ]

Motor on my RUUD gas upflow 90% furnace (~10 years old) just fried itself. Grainger has a motor that is equivalent in all ways except one - the full load amps (FLA) rating. The existing motor is a GE 115VAC 1/2hp 1050 RPM model 5KCP39KG R911. The Grainger motor has a FLA rating of 7.8A, and...

Do I use the calculated load or the main breaker rating to determine voltage drop and [ 5 Answers ]

I am running a feeder to a panel in my outbuilding. Do I use my calculated load or do I use the 100 amp main breaker rating for my voltage drop and feeder sizing calculations?

Weedeater lawn tractor voltage of the battery [ 1 Answers ]

What is the voltage of weedeater lawn tractor battery; I need to charge it and cannot find this information. Please help

Electrical voltage rating in north america [ 2 Answers ]

Any one knows about the nominal voltage and frequency rating in north america!!

View more questions Search