Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    odess14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2011, 11:12 PM
    Peeing silky terrier with a bad attitude.
    I have an over active silky terrier who will pee on you if you were to pick her up. If someone visits you, she will come out and pee on the floor. She jumps on smaller dogs and will not come to you it you were to call her. Only when she wants something will she come.
    I am about to give her up for adoptions. She was given to me at her age of 1 and now she is 3 1/2 years. I have tried everything.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Feb 19, 2011, 04:29 AM

Does she get exercise? What training have you done with her? Has she been to a vet to rule out medical reasons for this? Has she always been like this? Has she been fixed?

My feeling is to start like she is a puppy again with the training. When you feed her take her outside. She stays out until she does her business. Praise praise praise!
    Do not rub her nose in urine as they don't understand what is wrong. Instead pick her up and take her outside right away.
    I also suggest some dog obedience classes. It sounds like she is the Alpha in your house and you need to become the pack leader.

Susan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Silky terrier urinating [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old silky terrier, he was fixed when he was a puppy unfortunately he keeps on peeing in the house. We have to watch his every move if he is out of sight he is peeing somewhere inside the house. On occasion he'll do #2 as well, not as often as pee. We take him out all the time I...

How to stop male pug from peeing on female boston terrier both are fixed [ 1 Answers ]

Lately our male pug has been peeing and trying to hump our female boston terrier.she rejects his action and they start fighting.they are both fixed and have slept together since puppies. They are now 3 yrs old.should we just separate them to separate beds?

House traning a 7 month old silky terrier [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased this dog from a pet store. He had been living in a crate all that time. He still deficates in his crate (even if I small size it) and will do accidents sometimes at will in the house. Is there a technique that will break him of this habit. My wife is ready to give him away but that...

7.5 y/o pointer-terrier peeing and pooping in house [ 1 Answers ]

Our 7.5 y/o part pointer-terrier mix is starting to excessively pee in the house. :eek: She goes through phases with this... the peeing, we were told, is probably the cause of a steroid shot she was given last week for allergies (biting her paws). We had tried benedryl as the vet recommended,...

Our silky terrier won't eat [ 2 Answers ]

Help help, our 2 1/2 yr old silky terrier female won't eat. We love her so much, little by little she was getting picky and we started to give her human food, boiled chicken than flavor chicken like rotisserie and bbq chicken. She has a sensitive stomach and eat small to begin with, but now she...

View more questions Search