Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paranoid grndma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 08:02 PM
    Our silky terrier won't eat
    Help help, our 2 1/2 yr old silky terrier female won't eat. We love her so much, little by little she was getting picky and we started to give her human food, boiled chicken than flavor chicken like rotisserie and bbq chicken. She has a sensitive stomach and eat small to begin with, but now she does not react so happy for her food. What to do :-( wish I never gave her human food or let her beg, she just looked sooo cute and that face...
    Now I am a basket case. She still likes most of her treats though. One day we let her go without eating because we are trying to tough it out, and the next morning she was throwing up yellow bile from which I've read was because of an empty stomach. So from than on, we would switch food chicken mostly maybe with cheese, and just fresh bought chicken and fresh rice only, also sometime hotdogs. I was paranoid. Help.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 7, 2008, 03:51 AM
    Have you taken her to your vet to make sure it's not something medical? Also the rotiserrie or bbq chicken could have some spices that may upset her stomach, and with the cheese it could also be a lactose problem.

Try and stick with a high nutrient dog food. I know their little faces are so cute and you want to give her table scraps, but maybe she may not be getting the vitamins she needs.

Have you tried something like the little containers of beneful, or the caesar moist food? They even look like people food but have the right balance of nutrients that the dogs need. The hotdogs might be all right for an occasional treat, but it's not a very healthy thing.

I don't know if that helped you any, but I wish you luck with finding something that is healthy for your furry baby. :)
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 7, 2008, 03:56 AM
    Just another thought. Check out this site. They have a lot of good info!

Pet information - dog information - cat information - Canada's pet information center for dogs cats and humans

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Silky Hair [ 9 Answers ]

How do I get silky smooth shiny hair?? I know this is the question that every woman asks? I figured after I got all the split ends cut off my hair (I took off four inches) that my hair would be so much healthier, but it doesn't seem so. Help me out here.

Scottish Terrier Puppy won't Potty Outside [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend just got a scottish terrier puppy. He's 3 month's old and they told us he was crate/paper trained. He goes to his crate when we wants quiet time and at night for bed and has never made a mess in it (except to chew up his bedding) and when we lay paper down (in case of accidents)...

My dalmation/terrier [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, We have a 4 year old dog that is very skinny. She eats well. We have a big back yard that she runs around in constantly but there is no way that she could be burning all that she eats. I am worried about her but can't afford the vet right now due to the 4 kids and all their bills.. please...

Bull Terrier [ 12 Answers ]

I know that pit bulls are banned in Winnipeg and Ontario Canada but are Bull Terrier pit bulls? Are they banned as well in Winnipeg? (where I live)

Want silky skin [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I am new here and one of the reasons I joined is because I am obsessed with the idea of having soft, silky skin. I try different moisturizers each month... and because I'm at college my health isn't that great, which would attribute to my oily, slightly blemished, and rough skin. I exfoliate...

View more questions Search