Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2011, 11:17 AM
    So ashamed of my thoughts...
    OK so I'm pregnant, some of you may know, I'm only 6weeks gone, but I'm having a lot of anxiety because I'm hoping for a girl and when I think of having a boy I'm not excited about it! What is wrong with me? Shouldn't I be just hoping for a healthy baby no matter what the sex? I feel so terrible about this... im scared that when I do have it and it's a boy I will get post natal depression and not bond with it or just not bond at all, I suffer from severe depression and anxiety and have had to come off my meds until I'm finished being pregnant, not sure if this info is relevant but it will be the cause of most of the anxiety I'm feeling, but why am I not excited at the thought of a baby boy? I feel like a bad mother already :(
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 6, 2011, 12:14 PM

Hi advice, congratulations on your coming event ! Read your post with interest but I don't think you shouid be feeling badly about your thoughts on the sex of the baby. Bear in mind dear that there is a lot going on with your body, your hormones, effecting every part of your well being. These issues will pass soon, as you accept totally being pregnant. You can't possibly be a bad mother for having these thoughts.

You will settle down soon to just accepting the 'I am glad I will have a healthy baby, no matter what sex".

Stay healthy and good luck with your pregnancy.

Tick
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2011, 01:22 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Thank you so much, that actually brought me to tears reading that LOL my hormones must be mad at the moment, I'm sure your right, I keep having little panics every night over silly things. Xx
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 7, 2011, 01:32 AM

One thing I can promise you, when you hold that baby in your arms the first time, you won't care if it's a boy or a girl. You'll love it for what it is. Being a mom is a powerful thing. Otherwise most mothers would probably maim their young as they get older. ;)

Don't beat yourself up over this. This is normal, and you're not a bad mother for feeling this way.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 7, 2011, 07:31 AM

To add to what others have said...

There are depression meds that can be taken during pregnancy. Discuss this with your OB and find a med that works for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant thoughts - my thoughts are never ending [ 18 Answers ]

Hello there - I'm trying to get some answers regarding my newest problem. I can't go to my pysch. About this because I've tried but every time I try to explain this to someone (counselor, pysch. parents.. ) they think I have an "issue". ADHD, anxiety, and the list goes on and on. I'm so sick of...

I've done something I'm so ashamed of please help me [ 11 Answers ]

I am married with two children from a previous relationship and 1 from my present marriage. When I first got together with my present husband I told a massive lie about my ex. I think I did it to make me look better and him look worse, I am not sure. I am now having severe problems with my anger...

I am ashamed [ 4 Answers ]

Of what damage I've caused myself just in a year. I've got many scars and I don't want them any more, I feel they make me look uglier and I hate it, people always ask me about them and I have to make up a lie to tell them. How can I make them fade or how do I cope with this. I find it really...

Cutting. I'm ashamed [ 12 Answers ]

So I started dating a guy about a month ago and I let him know even before we started dating that I "used to be emo" (I used the word emo to make it seem less serious) and later let him know that I used to cut myself. I hadn't cut myself for a period of about 6 months and around the time that I...

View more questions Search